DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Movies And Entertainment (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Blackfish (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=152992)

LowUFO 09-15-2013 12:16 AM

Blackfish

I'm not really into documentary type stuff. Nor am I the tree hugger type. But like The Cove, this film is eye opening and saddening. If you haven't seen either of them, watch them. It has made my Wife and I vow to never take our son to a sea aquarium.

gonefishin776 09-16-2013 12:40 PM

I can only assume from your brief description is it about confined animals or something? or just the mistreatment of them?

That's why i never go to the zoo or own animals that are put in cages.

If it's about something totally different, ignore me :) i'll look it up at lunch

edit: about the whale. I gotcha. I will check this out!

Hermes1 09-16-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowUFO (Post 1199927)
I'm not really into documentary type stuff. Nor am I the tree hugger type. But like The Cove, this film is eye opening and saddening. If you haven't seen either of them, watch them. It has made my Wife and I vow to never take our son to a sea aquarium.

Indeed it is, troubling on so many levels. A well done documentary.

LowUFO 09-16-2013 08:27 PM

Yeah, I'm not really against zoos per se, but aquariums holding highly intelligent, sensitive animals like Dolphins and Orcas in such small confines is just wrong and cruel.

DesdemonaBlackheart 03-31-2014 06:02 PM

Places like Sea World, especially carnivals and petting zoos are notorious for the mistreatment of animals. And speaking of Sea World, the way they dispose of the sick and/or dead animals is equally disheartening. :(

BlueJet 03-31-2014 06:19 PM

It made me sick and ashamed that when my daughter was a kid, we had passes to Sea World. :(

It was very eye opening and so sad. Things we do for entertainment, shameful.

PaulMys 04-03-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 1375960)
It made me sick and ashamed that when my daughter was a kid, we had passes to Sea World. :(

It was very eye opening and so sad. Things we do for entertainment, shameful.

Shameful indeed. If it's not a domesticated animal, it belongs in its natural environment. Period.

My town routinely hosted a visit from a carnival/circus every summer. My wife works at our local animal hospital, and together with support from our town animal shelter, we successfully gathered enough petitions and protested the town until they stopped hosting this animal-torturing band of scum.

If you remotely care about animals' well-being, I urge you to do the same. Or at the very least, do not attend these sickening events and give these people your money.

Sorry, guys. Not too many things bother me, but this subject makes my blood boil.

LowUFO 04-03-2014 11:49 PM

No apology needed for that, Paul. It should make people mad. It's disgraceful to see this kind of thing in this day and age. Hardly the behavior of a so-called enlightened culture.

PaulMys 04-04-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowUFO (Post 1379577)
No apology needed for that, Paul. It should make people mad. It's disgraceful to see this kind of thing in this day and age. Hardly the behavior of a so-called enlightened culture.

Amen, brother.

Is it wrong to be delighted while watching the show "When animals attack"? :4-dontknow:

LowUFO 04-04-2014 08:10 PM

Lol. No...I think.