DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hey from Calgary AB Canada (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153054)

BlackedOutNinja 09-15-2013 06:43 PM

Hey from Calgary AB Canada

just bought a brand new black 2013 sport, its my second dodge,,, i had a 09 for 6 months, prior to that i had a brand new 2011 gmc,,, my dodge is superior in every way to that sierra. Anyways im looking to fully "black out" my baby. also looking to make her a powerhouse!! so far i have a AFE cold air intake. and an AFE throttle body spacer,(do they even do anything besides make a little whistle??) next in line is exhaust. other than that im not too sure hat else i can do that wont void my warranty. Can you get away with chipping it?
If anyone reads this and has any tips please feel free to message me!

Chunkem 09-15-2013 07:14 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum..... We are glad to have you here........If there is anything that we can do to assist you please ask...

Enjoy the site....

Ed

CherryRam 09-15-2013 07:27 PM

Welcome to the forum! Good to see another member from Calgary. I believe a chip will void warranty if it leaves a footprint but it's my understanding some of the tuners don't as long as you set it back to factory and take it out when you take the truck for servicing. Could be wrong though.

Dilbert 09-15-2013 07:58 PM

welcome to the forum! and enjoy the site!

CdnoilRAM 09-15-2013 09:00 PM

Welcome from another Calgarian! :wavey:

BlueJet 09-15-2013 09:11 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)

OldSport 09-15-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryRam (Post 1200432)
Welcome to the forum! Good to see another member from Calgary. I believe a chip will void warranty if it leaves a footprint but it's my understanding some of the tuners don't as long as you set it back to factory and take it out when you take the truck for servicing. Could be wrong though.

I have done this with my Ram. Everytime I go in to get service, even an oil change I set mine back to stock and I have not heard them complain about it and I have had warrenty work still done. Not sure how much they would look into it. Would obviously depend on the severity of working needing done. Just to remember if you do chip it to set it back to stock. A buddy of mine didn't, and they had to reset the computer, and it locked out his chip which he had to call into superchips to unlock it so he can reprogram his truck.

Bigred74 09-15-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackedOutNinja (Post 1200411)
just bought a brand new black 2013 sport, its my second dodge,,, i had a 09 for 6 months, prior to that i had a brand new 2011 gmc,,, my dodge is superior in every way to that sierra. Anyways im looking to fully "black out" my baby. also looking to make her a powerhouse!! so far i have a AFE cold air intake. and an AFE throttle body spacer,(do they even do anything besides make a little whistle??) next in line is exhaust. other than that im not too sure hat else i can do that wont void my warranty. Can you get away with chipping it?
If anyone reads this and has any tips please feel free to message me!

Welcome to the club!! :)

CherryRam 09-16-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSport (Post 1200553)
I have done this with my Ram. Everytime I go in to get service, even an oil change I set mine back to stock and I have not heard them complain about it and I have had warrenty work still done. Not sure how much they would look into it. Would obviously depend on the severity of working needing done. Just to remember if you do chip it to set it back to stock. A buddy of mine didn't, and they had to reset the computer, and it locked out his chip which he had to call into superchips to unlock it so he can reprogram his truck.

Good to know!:smileup:

Stump3r 09-16-2013 08:27 PM

Welcome to the Z! Nice to have you with us!