DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   90's Camaro loses out to Dodge Cummins (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153082)

Dodgey 09-15-2013 11:47 PM

90's Camaro loses out to Dodge Cummins

I heard this story from the Camaro owner so I suspect the spanking was quite worse than what he relayed. Basically he owns a 90's Camaro (I can't remember the exact year, 96 I think).

Basically he was on I-90 in Grant county where the road is straight and flat for miles. He was speeding along and according to him it was actually speeding. About 80 MPH. A Dodge Cummins deisel pulls along side him and matches his speed,. He looks over and hits the gas expecting to see the Dodge in his rear view mirror. He glanced over and the Dodge was right beside him. So he punches it up. Dodge never falls back so he gives it all he's got and they hit 125MPH.:158:

According to the Camaro owner, the Dodge was right beside him for about a minute and then pulled away from him. He swore that Dodge had some non-standard mods on it.

gonefishin776 09-16-2013 09:00 AM

ha nice. good read.

tuned diesels are no joke man...i believe every part of this story

Grubrunner 09-16-2013 09:06 AM

Yeah those tuned diesels ripp!

I've been driving a mildly modded 2008 2500 Turbo Diesel for the last week and have been quietly impressed with HO/TQ

I'm asking if he's interested in selling it when I return it on Thursday.

gonefishin776 09-16-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1200831)
Yeah those tuned diesels ripp!

I've been driving a mildly modded 2008 2500 Turbo Diesel for the last week and have been quietly impressed with HO/TQ

I'm asking if he's interested in selling it when I return it on Thursday.

usin it to move or what?

did you move over in that neighborhood? My buddy lives in the apartments right next to the mall. I already forget the name of that area

Grubrunner 09-16-2013 09:11 AM

Yeah we are in the apartments until Xmas and then into the new house.

Give me a heads-up next time you come by and we'll grab a cold one.

Used it to move, yes, then kept it for a little longer because the Ram's in the body shop until the end of the week.

Don't ask.....

Grubrunner 09-16-2013 09:12 AM

Creek' Edge at Stony Point.

gonefishin776 09-16-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1200836)
Yeah we are in the apartments until Xmas and then into the new house.

Give me a heads-up next time you come by and we'll grab a cold one.

Used it to move, yes, then kept it for a little longer because the Ram's in the body shop until the end of the week.

Don't ask.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1200838)
Creek' Edge at Stony Point.

hahah ruh roh. I won't ask.

probably somethin to do with those crazy ass Richmond drivers.

ya man. my buddy that lives down there is flakey as hell. Probably won't see him again until his wedding Nov 2nd. then obviously we'll be busy with rehearsal dinners and drinking a lot.

:threadjacked: