DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Recalls and TSB's. (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Service Bulletin #08-070-13 (RHR/RHW/RHP Navigation Map Enhancements) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153113)

Doom4life 09-16-2013 01:29 PM

Service Bulletin #08-070-13 (RHR/RHW/RHP Navigation Map Enhancements)

Hey all,

Just a heads up that Chrysler has posted a new service bulletin that affects radios for the 2012 RAM 1500/2500/3500 trucks.

It looks to be a mid-year navigation update, provided free from Chrysler as long as you are within the warranty period.

I called up my local dealership, told them I was having occasional issues with navigation (i.e. really wierd navigation guidance or missing guidance) and they said they would get back to me. Sure enough, ten minutes later they called me back saying my Ram 1500 was part of this service bulletin and that they would have to order the disc and would call me once it was in to apply the update (approximately 1 week).

Also, there is an update to the RHR radio (2.184) that must be applied before this navigation update can be performed. You can either do this one yourelf, or have the dealership do it as well. I'll post the information in another thread.

MorePwr 09-16-2013 09:00 PM

Too bad for 2011, I have to pay for the update. My Nav is just as bad as the 2012, with new streets and bad directions.

fastNugly @ BP 09-18-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doom4life (Post 1201027)
Hey all,

Just a heads up that Chrysler has posted a new service bulletin that affects radios for the 2012 RAM 1500/2500/3500 trucks.

It looks to be a mid-year navigation update, provided free from Chrysler as long as you are within the warranty period.

I called up my local dealership, told them I was having occasional issues with navigation (i.e. really wierd navigation guidance or missing guidance) and they said they would get back to me. Sure enough, ten minutes later they called me back saying my Ram 1500 was part of this service bulletin and that they would have to order the disc and would call me once it was in to apply the update (approximately 1 week).

Also, there is an update to the RHR radio (2.184) that must be applied before this navigation update can be performed. You can either do this one yourelf, or have the dealership do it as well. I'll post the information in another thread.

Hmmmm....I will have to give this a shot.
Where in Canada are you?

Doom4life 09-18-2013 04:51 AM

I live in Vancouver.

Dealer will most likely need to order the disc, so be sure to call ahead.

Also, be prepared for a bit of reluctance from the service advisor. I know from previous experiences they don't like to update radios just for the sake of updating (even though to me Gracenotes should be mandatory), so when I called I mentioned that sometimes it will navigate to a destination a completely weird way, or not even show the highlighted path (both have been true). Of course, I was told this is to be expected if it's a new address (isn't that the point of the update though?) but I fired back saying it's happened to addresses that are at least ten years old.

djbock 09-18-2013 09:55 PM

Also, be aware the if you have version 4.3.1 that you will not get this update. Was in the dealership yesterday for an oil change and showed them the SB. They looked up my VIN and said that I was not eligible since I guess I already have the updated version.

MTPete 09-19-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbock (Post 1202997)
Also, be aware the if you have version 4.3.1 that you will not get this update. Was in the dealership yesterday for an oil change and showed them the SB. They looked up my VIN and said that I was not eligible since I guess I already have the updated version.

I have a 2012 made in August and I have 4.2.1 so maybe somewhere along the line you did get an update.

djbock 09-19-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTPete (Post 1203165)
I have a 2012 made in August and I have 4.2.1 so maybe somewhere along the line you did get an update.

Mine is also an August '12 build. Never had an update that I can recall or see in any records.:4-dontknow:

Just figured I would give a heads up before folks called dealers.

Doom4life 09-21-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbock (Post 1202997)

Excellent info and you are definitely correct!

If your maps are at 4.3.1, than this Service Bulletin will not apply to you. I had gotten the free upgrade late last year from Chrysler/Navteq, so I'm guessing this is more for those that might not have gotten it.

Also, be aware that the dealership can be a complete moron. I went in today for the Service Bulletin among other work (forgetting to tell them to forget about the update). Got the truck back with them proclaiming that they performed a radio update (this I was curious on as I had recently updated the radio to the version released a few weeks ago). Sure enough, the dealership had downgraded me from 2.184 to 2.126 :doh:

Power247 07-04-2014 08:56 AM

Digging this up from the way-back machine... how do I tell what map version I have?

GTyankee 07-04-2014 06:21 PM

If i remember correctly
Mapping does not have a version, it goes by YEAR

I bought the latest mapping CD back in late 2010 or early 2011, that although my Ram was a 2009, they had not updated the Mapping since my Ram was built in September 2008, at least the maps for My area had not changed
They had added more Points of Interest, etc.
So it was wasted money. I had thought that being as there were 4 Brand New Highways or Extensions built, that they would be on the new CD mapping

In my experience you should not try updating your maps until at least 3 full years has past
I ended up calling a woman at NAVTEQ & asked her when new mapping would be done in my area, she was able to answer that question

http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/a...ion-system-map