DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   HID Projector Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153173)

Kris319 09-17-2013 12:18 AM

HID Projector Question

Hey guys I just picked up a 2014 1500 Sport Sunday and I'm ready to start dumping cash into her but I have a question before hand.

After reading around the forums I've concluded I'd like to do the HIDs correctly with the projectors however I'm a little unsure on what I need. My ram came with the quad projector headlights.

I stumbled across the kit below which is suppose to work with the factory headlights. Would ya'll recommend this or is there a better option?
http://www.headlightrevolution.com/P...M-PROJ-LOW-HID

Thanks for the help and putting up with the noob question.

bendodge 09-17-2013 12:29 AM

Retro shop us. He has everything you need so they work correctly.

Kris319 09-17-2013 12:48 AM

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

Asur 09-17-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris319 (Post 1201541)
My ram came with the quad projector headlights.

If your truck came with the Quad Projector Headlights, all you need is wire harness, ballasts with bulbs, the color choice is yours but 5k color is the best light output, 55watt is the highest power. You can check with the above mentioned shop, or look at theretrofitsource or retrosolutions, send sales an email and tell them the year and model truck you have, ask them for a list of all the parts you need for your particular truck, give it some time there not usually fast at replying but they will and you will be sure you get everything you need, if you have fog lights you might want to look into a kit for those also, make the whole front the same. Also, read up on there FAQ's you will get a lot of information on how to install these. Hope this helps

Kris319 09-17-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1201651)
If your truck came with the Quad Projector Headlights, all you need is wire harness, ballasts with bulbs, the color choice is yours but 5k color is the best light output, 55watt is the highest power. You can check with the above mentioned shop, or look at theretrofitsource or retrosolutions, send sales an email and tell them the year and model truck you have, ask them for a list of all the parts you need for your particular truck, give it some time there not usually fast at replying but they will and you will be sure you get everything you need, if you have fog lights you might want to look into a kit for those also, make the whole front the same. Also, read up on there FAQ's you will get a lot of information on how to install these. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. I ordered the 50w kit from retro shop in 5000k for the headlights and the 35w 5000k for my fogs.
As far as installation I've found a few good threads on here which should help.

BlownGP 09-17-2013 07:47 PM

Dont forget the error eliminator if the harness didnt come with them.

Bix 09-17-2013 08:31 PM

Projectors are alot of work but definately worth it. Thanks for not doing the blinding plug n n play debochery many resort to for an easy way out.

You'll need to get some dual bulb aftermarket light assemblies. the quads are nearly impossible to retro even with the mini housings. I got a set of OEM dual but be warned, they are an absolute bear to get apart. Go with an aftermarket like DENSO an getv the sealing tape from retro in your order. The stuff works great for resealing.

With another set of pots, you can take your time and do it right. Aiming is a real challenge as well. Go for an adjustable mount to make your life easier.

Good luck, feel free to PM me, been there done it a couple times now.

Cheers,

bix