DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Tilt mirrors (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153255)

Darwin00537 09-17-2013 11:43 PM

Tilt mirrors

I just read in page 306 of the owners manual that we have tilt mirrors. I forget who'd asked this question, so I started this thread in the hopes folks who care will get the info. Apparently they can be deactivated, so if yours aren't working this might be the problem.

Darwin00537 09-18-2013 12:45 PM

To follow up I looked in my settings and the tilt feature for my mirrors was set to off. So for you folks with power mirrors that don't tilt, check this setting!:smileup:

count2 09-18-2013 12:48 PM

There are at least 3 different types of mirrors I think. Do you also have the power fold? I'm pretty sure the power folding mirrors do not have the reverse tilt.

Darwin00537 09-18-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by count2 (Post 1202585)
There are at least 3 different types of mirrors I think. Do you also have the power fold? I'm pretty sure the power folding mirrors do not have the reverse tilt.

Yessir, mine are power fold.

cjgerson 09-18-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by count2 (Post 1202585)

Power folding will auto tilt when put in reverse. Its a setting in the Radio. I don't remember exactly where, but if you poke around you will find it.

Darwin00537 09-18-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjgerson (Post 1202609)
Power folding will auto tilt when put in reverse. Its a setting in the Radio. I don't remember exactly where, but if you poke around you will find it.

With an 8.4 Uconnect, hit "Controls" from main menu, then "settings" button at lower middle of screen.

In Uconnect 5 you use EVIC. I'm not sure where button is for that one but should be around page 306 of the complete owners manual.

count2 09-18-2013 01:31 PM

Well I thought I had explored everything in there but I'll have to go look harder for this! I thought mine didn't do this.

Just looked, couldn't find any setting for this. Maybe only the higher end trim levels do this? Only mirror related setting I saw was for the auto-dimming.

Yankee 09-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by count2 (Post 1202633)
Well I thought I had explored everything in there but I'll have to go look harder for this! I thought mine didn't do this.

Just looked, couldn't find any setting for this. Maybe only the higher end trim levels do this? Only mirror related setting I saw was for the auto-dimming.

Not to worry...there are two different 5.0 radios...some vehicles (like mine) dont have the power tilt feature....fwiw, i have it in the Lincoln and disabled it...ALSO, if you have that radio, then the "autodimming" is also completely automatic and has no setting for it either, but you can tell if you have that by.....wait for it...looking at them when someones behind you at nite.....(I also notice they dim in my garage but no clue why).....

and if the mirrors arent folding like they should, the short fix is cycle them thru the process several times.....so far so good for mine...

count2 09-18-2013 03:26 PM

I have the 8.4 radio. I don't really care about the tilt down in reverse capability, just wanted to figure out if it was there. The auto dimming does work, and I like that feature.

flyfisher604 12-13-2013 02:24 AM

Can you confirm that both tilt. My driver side tilts when in reverse, but the passenger's doesn't. Going to contact dealer.