DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   4x4 drop questions (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153265)

SS4Luck 09-18-2013 04:12 AM

4x4 drop questions
 
Is ground force still the only option for lowering the 4WD trucks?

Also, for a front strut is the 5100 the best replacement for the front?

BlackRamHemi 09-19-2013 09:46 AM

Just curious what you have against GF?

It's about as good as it gets, progressive coils on all for corners
New springs up front swap onto your existing struts, new shocks for the rear.
Ride is better than stock and firmer handling when you toss her into a corner.

and only $500 if you shop around...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151197

CdnoilRAM 09-19-2013 02:53 PM

Pretty much your best option for a 4wd if you only want to go 2/4. You could go as far as me and do a 4/6 drop on my 4wd, but it has also complicated matters greatly and the cost has gone up greatly. I wouldn't recommend anyone using the McGaughy's spindles on the 4wd unless they're ready to drop another $1,300 to rectify CV joint and ball joint angle issues, but it does look pretty :smileup:

SS4Luck 09-20-2013 01:13 AM

I dont have anything against ground force i was just seeing the options. Ive been working on my 3500 and lost touch with the 1500 market. My camaro is nearly done and Im about to buy a 35 ft travel trailer so the 1500 is going to start getting some toe use, problem is I cut the rear springs to level it and dont think it would be smart to tow on those cut springs. I plan on putting new struts up front too. My truck has 40K on it and while im in there i might as well put new stuff up front too..

2012Express 09-27-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi (Post 1203206)
Just curious what you have against GF?

It's about as good as it gets, progressive coils on all for corners
New springs up front swap onto your existing struts, new shocks for the rear.
Ride is better than stock and firmer handling when you toss her into a corner.

and only $500 if you shop around...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=151197

Link to a $500 price? I may have to have christmas come early at that price.

BlackRamHemi 09-29-2013 11:49 AM

The link is the the post you just quoted, scroll through the post,
... top of page 2 I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/Ground-Force-9.../dp/B004Q5HJDG

2012Express 09-29-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi (Post 1210270)
The link is the the post you just quoted, scroll through the post,
... top of page 2 I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/Ground-Force-9.../dp/B004Q5HJDG

I better go talk to the boss.... Time for puppy dog eyes :shy:

EDIT: just realized that is for a 4 door, im rc

CdnoilRAM 09-29-2013 10:09 PM

You're looking for the 9983 kit, and the lowest I've seen it is $778. You can still use the 9984 kit, but you won't get as much drop since the springs are a little stiffer because of the higher body weight.

2012Express 10-01-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 1210642)
You're looking for the 9983 kit, and the lowest I've seen it is $778. You can still use the 9984 kit, but you won't get as much drop since the springs are a little stiffer because of the higher body weight.

Yeah, im wondering just how much higher the drop would sit. $300 is a good bit of change.

CdnoilRAM 10-01-2013 10:29 PM

The front should actually sit lower, not higher. The springs in the QC/CC have to be stiffer to account for the extra body weight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger