DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Rust Repair (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Rust Proofing (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153270)

C17LoadMaster 09-18-2013 08:11 AM

Rust Proofing

A question for my fellow Cdn or northern states forum members. I would like to get my truck rust protected and was wondering what some members have had done with theirs in the past, and if the results are as advertised. I had an S-10 for ten years previous to this truck and it only started to show some rust spots after about 7.5 - 8 years and that was with no protection at all. Can I expect that from this truck as well.

Nakawe 09-18-2013 09:16 AM

Use rust check which is available in Canada. It will protect the truck better then lanolin oil from lambs wool. We can't use the rust check stuff in the states because of our strict EPA laws. Hence I travel to Canada to get mine done. If you have it done every year, they will warranty your vehicle forever against rust.

primo spaghetti 09-18-2013 09:56 AM

without a doubt Krown...

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-18-2013 11:20 AM

I havent had mine done yet.. But everyone that does get theirs done I know always uses Krown. Sopose to be real good.

MN13Laramie 09-18-2013 03:38 PM

Well, I'm not in Canada, and it's over 6 hours just to hit the border, so, I went to Ziebart 2 weeks ago to get mine done. Not helpful I know, but I can let you know in 10 years how it holds up?

They seemed to do a pretty good job, and they have a 10 year warranty as long as you bring it back every year for the $39 touch up. Sure smells though... Had them tint the front windows as well while it was there!

primo spaghetti 09-18-2013 04:39 PM

i can say with all confidence that Krown works. ive said it many times on the forum before, but i bought a 96 in 2000 and it had a little rust under the doors. annual application of Krown kept the rust from getting any worse and no additional rust ever showed up on the truck. it is still on the road today (now owned by my friend) but it still looks great for an almost 20 year old truck.

however, I will say this, the quality of the steel in my 4th gen just does not seem to be as good as my old 96! so im hoping Krown will still keep my ride looking great for years to come.

Whiplash 09-18-2013 09:10 PM

i've had Krown do a few cars over the years...but i've never held onto them long enough to verify the longevity :(

i never let them do under the hood tho, they've all been involved in the show scene in some form or another

Chunkem 09-19-2013 06:54 PM

RUST CHECK for me......Have had everyone on my vehicles done....NO RUST.....NO BS.....99 Ford Explorer was mint......Just getting ready to spray the 13......JMO....

dodgeboy360 09-23-2013 02:55 PM

Make sure they drill holes in the rear box wheel wells and in all the doors.. And don't get dripless it's useless.. Gotta get em to spray the crap out of it and let the oil run everywhere or it won't last. I get mine done every fall

Chunkem 09-23-2013 10:38 PM

They usually take out the rear tail lights and spray the entire side of the box....My truck usually drips for three to four months....With that said it will be inside for this winter.....LOL