DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tonneau cover? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153290)

ZMW 09-18-2013 03:44 PM

Tonneau cover?

Has anyone put a Tonneau cover on their Ram yet? Curious about real life reviews...

brandonjansen 09-18-2013 03:53 PM

TONS of people have put tonneau covers on their Rams.... myself included. What exactly do you want to know? Do you have a specific style in mind that you want information about? You're leaving this pretty wide open so I'm not really sure what you're asking for.

I have the Bakflip G2 on my truck and I love it! Looks great, functions great, does everything I expected it too.

Hermes1 09-18-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1202721)
TONS of people have put tonneau covers on their Rams.... myself included. What exactly do you want to know? Do you have a specific style in mind that you want information about? You're leaving this pretty wide open so I'm not really sure what you're asking for.

I have the Bakflip G2 on my truck and I love it! Looks great, functions great, does everything I expected it too.

+1 Yes more info is needed. I have the Bakflip F1 and very happy with it.

gcscott 09-18-2013 07:43 PM

I have the OEM tri-fold tonneau cover which came on my 2013 Outdoorsman CC. I think it looks good and works well. I can remove it by myself and reinstall it also. I clean it with 303's Aerospace Protectant.

Greg

rizzkid12 09-18-2013 07:55 PM

I have Tonno Pro trifold. cost me $269 on line. It works well, and is light and easy to remove. I also gained .5 to 1 mpg.

Bully's Performance 09-19-2013 10:46 AM

I run the G2 on my truck, love it. We sell more Bak tonneau's than anything. Drop us an email, sales@bullysperformance.com so you don't overspend on your new cover.

racecar67 09-19-2013 10:52 AM

I have a Tonno Pro also. I have had it for some time now, had it on my 09 CC and when I bought my 11 CC the dealership let me keep it. It has been very good only thing is I have noticed the stitching around the outside edge is beginning to frey.

thkbaron 09-19-2013 12:31 PM

I have been using access tonneau covers for 10 years and I love them. I had the literider on my dakota and that lasted 9 years and was still fine when I sold it. I upgraded to the access original this time because I got it cheaper than the literider. There are several different models of access covers to choose from. I'm sure they're all awesome!

ZMW 09-19-2013 08:34 PM

I guess I do need to elaborate...

I live in Phoenix and my truck sits in the sun while I am at work! I have always liked the way Bakflip products look. But before I shell out $800 I have a bunch of concerns, but two major ones.

1) In intense heat and sun will a Bakflip or any other tonneau cover last? If I purchase I want it to be look good and be functional for 10 years. Is that realistic?

2) Is there any MPG gain in real life driving? I know it will not save enough to get me back my $800 back, but it would be nice if there was some long term savings. Its my understanding HWY yeilds better MPG savings then city driving with Tonneau's?

I have a 4x4 V6 pentastar if the makes any MPG savings difference... mixed driving I get 19.5 mpg avg

Thoughts?

fastNugly @ BP 09-19-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMW (Post 1203700)
I guess I do need to elaborate...

I live in Phoenix and my truck sits in the sun while I am at work! I have always liked the way Bakflip products look. But before I shell out $800 I have a bunch of concerns, but two major ones.

1) In intense heat and sun will a Bakflip or any other tonneau cover last? If I purchase I want it to be look good and be functional for 10 years. Is that realistic?

2) Is there any MPG gain in real life driving? I know it will not save enough to get me back my $800 back, but it would be nice if there was some long term savings. Its my understanding HWY yeilds better MPG savings then city driving with Tonneau's?

I have a 4x4 V6 pentastar if the makes any MPG savings difference... mixed driving I get 19.5 mpg avg

Thoughts?

The Bak covers do not color fade or change in shade
I had the F1 for over a year and it looked like it did day one when I sold it.

As for MPG....that's questionable.
But I would not buy a cover in hopes of MPG gain or lose.
I think it's a wash and does not improve or hinder your truck.

The Bak products we carry are all purchased as its clean, sits flush, durable, practically water tight (if installed properly)
But some cannot justify the cost....
It's all dependent on what you want to pay

Hope this helps