DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   2 Year Evaluation of my 2012 Laramie (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153434)

65Arboc 09-20-2013 09:20 AM

2 Year Evaluation of my 2012 Laramie

Hi All,

It's been 2 years this month that I took delivery of my Black and Silver Laramie. I just turned 20,000 miles and the truck still looks as good as the day I picked it up and I still smile every time I get in it. I have had absolutely no major issues with it except a sunroof rattle which was fixed by the dealer at the last oil change. I still get people asking me if I just got a new truck, perfect strangers. Guys ask me what kind of wax I use because my truck is so much shinier than theirs. Of course I am anal about keeping it clean because it's black. My truck must have been assembled and painted by a group of real conscientious workers because I have yet to find anything about the truck that is not good quality. I spent a lot of time researching before I went to the dealer to place my order and went over every extra I wanted and it came in exactly as I ordered it. There were no surprises, nothing left out and the paint is close to perfect. I usually trade every 2 years but right now I'm thinking, why would I want a different truck when I love this one so much and it is so nicely done? Besides its paid for now. I think I have one of the best Rams Chrysler ever made. If anyone wants to add their positive comments about their truck please chime in. This thread should be more about how much you like your truck and not one to whine about the things you don't like or problems you've had.

Jim in Pa:smileup:

Gantman 09-20-2013 09:39 AM

First off, a big thanks Jim for a positive thread to start the weekend! Secondly, I am at a year and a half with 20000 miles and not one problem or visit to the dealer. It is the most smooth riding and plenty of power light duty truck I have ever owned, bar none. I too have been paid off with this truck and I always get the itch to trade for something new. But when those factors of problem free, great mileage for a Hemi V8 which rivals most V6's, leg room for the kids and adults, and having no truck payment! It's a no brainier for me as well. :smileup:

WIexpress 09-20-2013 09:40 AM

Great post, I've had my express for about a year and a half and 12000 miles. Love the truck, looks great, is super comfortable to drive. I also get tons of compliments on my truck. Mine is bright red and I plasti dipped the rims. Still looks new, plenty of power. Chrysler did nail it with these.

Todd157k 09-20-2013 11:15 AM

I'm about a year now with my Laramie Longhorn. 17,000 mi.. no issues. I did the intake and bullydog programmer, mostly for mileage but a little more power never hurts... specially when I'm towing my boat. I laugh when people tell me about their V6 truck/suv and getting 17-18 mpg... at a wopping 225 hp. I whip out the dodge hp/tq numbers on them and finish with "23 mpg.. and it's 4wd". Out of 9 trucks I've owned, it is far beyond any of them in quality. My 2005 Ram Daytona was built pretty good too though. Just not as much of a luxury model.

Ramsh70 09-20-2013 01:55 PM

Great thread!! I too am almost exactly two years in and I echo all Jim's sentiments... I tend to get bored of vehicles quickly but this really is a great truck... minimal problems.... and still exciting to drive and I have no desire to replace it... Fits the bill in every way... tho I have to admit the mod bug does flare up from time to time...

PaulMys 09-20-2013 11:50 PM

I could not have said this better myself. 17 months with my truck, and not one single problem. I, too keep my truck as clean as the board of health and have people ask me if it is brand new. After a nice, relaxing wash or wash/wax session, I just sit & stare with a little smile on my face at how beautiful my truck looks! :)

dodgeboy360 09-20-2013 11:54 PM

Had my truck almost 2 years now and still loving it.. Ha 2 issue with it nothing major a new battery and front left strut.. But 38,000 miles on it and still running strong. Still got a few things I wanna do to it but that's never gonna end hahaha

65Arboc 09-23-2013 03:54 PM

Bump to the top please

65Arboc 09-24-2013 11:41 AM

Let's keep this going, anybody else have NO problems with their 2 year old Ram? Seems all we read on here are negative things about these trucks. Let's hear some more good stuff guys and gals!

Jim in Pa.:wavey:

Buzzard 09-24-2013 03:19 PM

1 year next week and 24,000 miles and not a single problem. Love my EXPRESS. I too get compliments all the time. Average 18 mpg (city) on my daily 60 mile round trip commute. I too keep it clean.