DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Heated mirrors aren't working (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153476)

DGlennK 09-20-2013 07:55 PM

Heated mirrors aren't working

I have a 99 Ram 2500 4X4 quad cab Diesel. The power mirrors work but not the heated part. Push the button on the dash but no light and no joy. Winter is coming and I think I'll need em. I had a 98.5 but it was t-boned and totaled and the 99 was the best I could come up with. Any hints on what to check? Everything else seems to be working interior wise.

Thanks

RogerRamJet 09-21-2013 05:09 AM

Bad switch or a bad fuse. Have you tested for power at the switch or at the mirrors? Perhaps you have an LED out.

DGlennK 10-08-2013 07:40 PM

Thanks, I looked for a fuse and couldn't find one. I'll need to figure out how to get to the back of the control panel to check for power. I remember feeling a click or contact sense on my 98 when I pushed the button. I don't sense that on this one. I'll let you know what I find.

RogerRamJet 10-09-2013 12:33 AM

Roger that. Keep us posted.

DGlennK 10-20-2013 08:55 PM

Thanks for the help. I removed the four screws holding the heater control panel and wiggled the plug on the back and VOILA !! they work now. Have a great week !!

slimpartywagon 10-20-2013 10:47 PM

glad to see it was a simple fix

RogerRamJet 10-21-2013 01:43 AM

Voonderbar! Thanks for the update!

Painkilller 11-14-2013 09:36 AM

I have a similar question. My 2013 1500 Ram Sport has heated mirrors. The light inside the cab comes on. Haven't had any really bad weather yet to see if the mirrors warm up but, my wife swears that the little heat icon, on the mirrors themselves, are supposed to light up.

Is this true? I've never had heated mirrors before. I just figured that the little picture in the mirror was just to indicate that the mirror has the heat option....or is it supposed to light up?

RogerRamJet 11-14-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painkilller (Post 1245473)
I have a similar question. My 2013 1500 Ram Sport has heated mirrors. The light inside the cab comes on. Haven't had any really bad weather yet to see if the mirrors warm up but, my wife swears that the little heat icon, on the mirrors themselves, are supposed to light up.

Is this true? I've never had heated mirrors before. I just figured that the little picture in the mirror was just to indicate that the mirror has the heat option....or is it supposed to light up?

I don't think the icon on the mirror lights up. I believe it's just a decal, or maybe even an etching, to show that they are heated mirrors.