DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Adding remote start (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153511)

rroberts6969 09-21-2013 05:21 AM

Adding remote start

I see under some circumstances you can add remote start and it runs 249.00 does anyone know if you also have to purchase new remotes or can the old ones be used for a 2013. I forgot to order with new truck.

Whiplash 09-21-2013 06:11 AM

i'm pretty sure you'll need a 3 button remote. My '11 had no start and came 2 button so i'm guessing the same is applicable to the '13??..tho hey, if they all come with a 3 now you should be all set

Whiplash 09-21-2013 06:21 AM

Part # 82213587
Categories: Audio/Video & Electronics Accessories MSRP$249.00Price may vary by dealerMopar has a fully integrated, OEM tested remote start system that allows you to start your vehicle from as far away as 300 feet with just the push of a button. Imagine starting and warming your vehicle from your place of work or home on cold winter days, or cooling the same vehicle on hot summer days. Mopar`s Remote Start system is designed to work with your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram or Fiat vehicle and interface seamlessly with your vehicle`s electronic, security key. Must have Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System (Sales Code GXX)
Additional Details: Complete Kit, same as production. Must have Keyless (GXM) and Immobilizer (GXX). Must not have Keyless Go (GX4), Proximity Keyless (GXD) or Air Suspension (SER)
Disclosure(s) :Dealer Scan Tool required for activation.
Remote Start (XBM) can ONLY be installed on vehicles that have the following factory options: -- Automatic Transmission -- Remote Keyless Entry

ya, that doesn't really tell you whether you'll need new fobs or not either, but it's some more info anyway :)

gcscott 09-21-2013 08:11 AM

My remote start came with a 3 button key-fob.

Nburd 09-21-2013 09:06 AM

Read the install instructions. It is very intensive. I am going to order the d-ball remote start when the 2013 T harness comes out. It is $100.00 and installs in 30 minutes or less.

It also requires no dealer programming. I was going to get the mopar one, but removing the headliner did not look fun.

Same remotes. just hit lock 3 times and the car starts.

marvin02 09-21-2013 10:26 AM

Searched the part number in Google and found this site that shows what you get. It does include two new fobs, you use your old key insert.

Install guide is available from this site.

Pit.Stop 02-17-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiplash (Post 1204842)
Part # 82213587
Categories: Audio/Video & Electronics Accessories MSRP$249.00Price may vary by dealerMopar has a fully integrated, OEM tested remote start system that allows you to start your vehicle from as far away as 300 feet with just the push of a button. Imagine starting and warming your vehicle from your place of work or home on cold winter days, or cooling the same vehicle on hot summer days. Mopar`s Remote Start system is designed to work with your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram or Fiat vehicle and interface seamlessly with your vehicle`s electronic, security key. Must have Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System (Sales Code GXX)
Additional Details: Complete Kit, same as production. Must have Keyless (GXM) and Immobilizer (GXX). Must not have Keyless Go (GX4), Proximity Keyless (GXD) or Air Suspension (SER)
Disclosure(s) :Dealer Scan Tool required for activation.
Remote Start (XBM) can ONLY be installed on vehicles that have the following factory options: -- Automatic Transmission -- Remote Keyless Entry

ya, that doesn't really tell you whether you'll need new fobs or not either, but it's some more info anyway :)

Bumping an old thread. My dealer promised to install a remote start in my 2013 Laramie. They screwed up and installed an aftermarket one. I refused delivery. They are supposed to "figure" it out tomorrow.

My question is that I see this kit cannot be installed with Air Suspension. I was wondering if anyone knew why. More important is I was wondering how many had the air suspension and the factory remote start. I don't want to hear any excuses as to why they cannot install this.

Pit.Stop 02-18-2014 08:34 PM

Update. The service guy calls and says that they cannot install the factory remote start because I have the air suspension and all the other options on my truck. I say BS. I told them that I can understand if they do not have the man power or knowledge base from their techs to do this install. I told them that I would then bring my truck to another dealership and have them install this, then give them the bill.
...silence... I told them I was quoted $860 from another dealership... silence...
He says he will have a manager call me.

Several hours later no call. So I decide to call my salesman and ask for an update. He says he spoke to the service manager and agrees that my truck never should have went to this third party for an aftermarket remote start.
He then tells me that the man in charge was off today and he will discuss this with him tomorrow.
I have had this truck for since Jan. 31. Today is the fourth day without my truck.
Oh yeah. I demanded a rental car and they gave it to me with minutes after they told me they didn't have any.

Just venting here.

johngus 02-19-2014 09:13 PM

make it easy for yourself,get the d ball .easy install and works perfect

deekum1627 02-20-2014 05:47 PM

im not sure which way to get yet the dball or mopar factory one. does anyone know how far the dball one works??