DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Tint//Moisture in headlight//Oil change (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153584)

HeMi BosS 09-22-2013 03:23 AM

Tint//Moisture in headlight//Oil change

so i didnt want to make different threads so my questions are ...

i live in BC canada and im wondering whats the darkest tint you could get that police wouldnt care for front windows?

2nd question is i have 10000 km on my truck now but oil live still says 1/4 left so should i wait or go ahead n change it ?

last question i pressure washed my truck today and when i looked at the headlight their was moisture in it,, would i have to seal it again or should i take it to dealer?

thanks for the help.

slievers 09-22-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeMi BosS (Post 1205488)

i live in BC canada and im wondering whats the darkest tint you could get that police wouldnt care for front windows?

2nd question is i have 10000 km on my truck now but oil live still says 1/4 left so should i wait or go ahead n change it ?

last question i pressure washed my truck today and when i looked at the headlight their was moisture in it,, would i have to seal it again or should i take it to dealer?

thanks for the help.

1) You cannot have any tint on any of the front windows.

2) The manual says 12000 km or 6 months which ever comes first. However if you want to change it before that it is completely up to you.

3) Check to see if the bulbs are properly seated in the housing. There are others that have had the same issue.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....light=moisture

Irv 09-22-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

thanks for the help.

Is that the factory fill oil? If so, I would change it now imo.

I changed mine at 2,500km's although my dealer said to wait to at least 5,000 but I did not want to as I felt the oil is likely full of wear metals etc.

I used Pennzoil Dino oil (Yellow bottle 5W-20) and noticed it ran quieter after the change.
Once the colder weather creeps in I will be changing it to Pennzoil Platinum Syn despite the mileage on the Dino.

With the Platinum, I will likely be leaving it in for the year as I doubt I will ever reach the recommended oil change interval as I only usually average about 10,000 km's per year give or take.

Bushmaster 09-22-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

thanks for the help.

1. check your provincial laws, I have 20% on my window now and have had up to 80% and never been stopped(side windows not the front one)

2. i would change it now before winter

3. don't know on that one, don't have my new ram yet:doh:

Asur 09-22-2013 12:13 PM

The window tinting law in British Columbia in the BC Motor Vehicle Act Regulations section 7.05(8) states that:

No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle which has affixed to
or placed on the windshield or a window any material that reduces the light
transmitted through the windshield or window unless the material is affixed to or
placed on

(a) the windshield but not more than 75 mm below the top of the windshield
(b) a side window that is behind the driver, or
(c) the rear window if the motor vehicle is equipped with outside rear view
mirrors on the left and right side of the motor vehicle.

In other words, no tint is allowed on windshields below 75 mm from the top and no tint is permitted on the driver’s side windows, right or left—the front side windows. Tint may be installed on the side windows behind the driver—the rear side windows. Tint may be applied to the rear window, provided the vehicle has two exterior rear view mirrors.

Oil change I would do it prior to the winter season.

Whiplash 09-22-2013 12:33 PM

i've had 35% driver/passenger tint on quite a few vehicles and never had a problem (tho yes, it is deemed illegal). 20% has been suggested often but IMO it's a little too dark for my liking and the "shyt there's a cop, roll 'em down" reaction factor.

ValleyRacer 09-22-2013 01:35 PM

Engine use and break in

Quote:

thanks for the help.

Mapleleaf neighbor - if your engine has normally heated up, been to red line a few times, pulled some steep hills, cruised a 60,70,75 etc for an hour or more - then consider the engine broken in. 650 miles is a TAD early for the first oil change however.
Change the FILTER one time if you have (sensible too) concerns about metal break in particles.
Then at 1000 MILES (1600 KM for you) put in your favorite synthetic, with a left number suitable for your rather chilly Canadian snow-world temperatures.

Asur 09-22-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiplash (Post 1205637)
i've had 35% driver/passenger tint on quite a few vehicles and never had a problem (tho yes, it is deemed illegal). 20% has been suggested often but IMO it's a little too dark for my liking and the "shyt there's a cop, roll 'em down" reaction factor.

Ontario laws are different than British Columbia

Here is the Canada Tint Law by Province:

http://solcontrol.ca/tint_law_chart.php

Irv 09-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValleyRacer (Post 1205664)
Mapleleaf neighbor - if your engine has normally heated up, been to red line a few times, pulled some steep hills, cruised a 60,70,75 etc for an hour or more - then consider the engine broken in. 650 miles is a TAD early for the first oil change however.
Change the FILTER one time if you have (sensible too) concerns about metal break in particles.
Then at 1000 MILES (1600 KM for you) put in your favorite synthetic, with a left number suitable for your rather chilly Canadian snow-world temperatures.

Valley, that's 10 Thousand km's, not 1 thousand.

HeMi BosS 09-22-2013 08:36 PM

im probably going to get it changed from a local oil shop but is their oil/filter garbage ? and should i tell them to use synthetic or regular oil.