DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Removed Dash I need help 2 extra bolts (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153654)

dodgera 09-22-2013 09:47 PM

Removed Dash I need help 2 extra bolts

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7 liter reg cab.
I did the dash removal myself to replace the heater core so far successful till now. I have silver bolts that I have completely forgotten where they go...there is only 2 and nothing else like it within the interior... I really hope someone can help me out with this. I just cant find a hole that will fit them, I hope its not from the steering column area...any other bolt is black.

dodgera 09-22-2013 09:49 PM

also it is a socket size 10 head

RogerRamJet 09-23-2013 12:49 AM

Those look a lot like the two bolts that hold the bottom of the dash on found on either side of the radio bezel.

dodgera 09-23-2013 09:04 AM

no i just checked

no I just checked these are 2 inches in length and a bit wider then the hole.... :doh: ....I dont know whether to throw up now or what. These two bolts have a lead on the tip which must mean it goes into a bolt type thing...

dodgera 09-23-2013 10:12 AM

It fits the hole for the arm grab but there are only 2 not 4, but I can't remember and don't know if dodge would put 1 silver long and 1 black short for the side arm grabs..... I'm just hoping someone has come across these 2 in their time.

RogerRamJet 09-23-2013 10:13 AM

Hmmm? This probably won't help, but back in the day when me my high school buddies would work on a project, we almost expected to have "extra" parts. It was just the norm and as long as everything still worked, we were good with that. Drive it around for a while and see how it goes. If you start to get a vibration somewhere, perhaps that's where the screws will be needed.

RogerRamJet 09-23-2013 10:22 AM

Looking in the manual, the only thing I can find that comes close to those are the two bolts for the steering column support bracket. Good luck, hope you find them a home.

dodgera 09-23-2013 12:40 PM

I see what you are talking about also Im looking in a dodge service manual I downloaded but I cant see those holes in the truck all there is for the steering column is 4 nuts for the 4 mounting holes with stud sticking out.... Are you able to flip the 2 caps on your hand bar and look and see if there is 1 black and other silver bolt? Im throwing guess's now as to where it can go.. I just got back from dealership they were no help at all....:LOL:

dodgera 09-23-2013 01:03 PM

:SHOCKED: OH man I just found it!!.. I re-dropped the entire steering mount and the round pipe was blocking it oh my goodness :thk: :smiley_thumbs_up:

geez now I feel like doing heater core changes for 1/2 the price of dealerships lol :box2::box2:

thanks for your persistence on making me check the steering mount!:smileup:

RogerRamJet 09-23-2013 01:04 PM

Excellent! Glad you found it. Reps for your persistence!