DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Finally, a RAM at 64yo (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153765)

Jackdashack 09-24-2013 07:17 AM

Finally, a RAM at 64yo
 
Well, I finally have gotten my first pickup. I had Jeep Wranglers since 1989 until the spring of 2012. I've been riding around in a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire that was my mom's. Demanning for sure.

Not on the clock not and not having to drive to any particular places each day there are days the truck just sits in the driveway. And it has to be that way sometimes because I could never afford the gas of driving to work everyday in it.

But I love it. Can you imagine the feel after driving that little Sunfire sitting almost on the road and now this RAM? It feels like I am driving a semi. Urrrr Urrr Urrrrr! (Tim the Toolman)

So it's going to be babied and I suppose if I could ever dream to trade it in a few years it ought to be a low mileage, good shape honey of a trade.

But for now it's my new babe. At 64 I am lovin' it. And you young bucks ... life doesn't end in your 60's. It's all a head thing ... all in the head.

Jack ":-D

gonefishin776 09-24-2013 08:06 AM

Welcome to the forum Jack, we are glad to have you. Congrats on your first truck!

Jackdashack 09-24-2013 08:11 AM

Thanks Gonefishin776. Like your hobby. Brother and I used to fish the lakes of DE every seasons and some on the Eastern Shore of MD. Heck, there are no bass down here. The pickerel eat them up before they get to any size. It was often frustrating. I am sure you are in a "better place" to fish. He moved to FL and so the fishing stopped. I do love the RAM. I wish it had better gas mileage but you have to know that when you get into it. ":-D jack

Grubrunner 09-24-2013 08:21 AM

Welcome to the Z boards.

Good advice for the Young Bloods in your closing paragraph.

Enjoy your stay.

gonefishin776 09-24-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackdashack (Post 1206891)
Thanks Gonefishin776. Like your hobby. Brother and I used to fish the lakes of DE every seasons and some on the Eastern Shore of MD. Heck, there are no bass down here. The pickerel eat them up before they get to any size. It was often frustrating. I am sure you are in a "better place" to fish. He moved to FL and so the fishing stopped. I do love the RAM. I wish it had better gas mileage but you have to know that when you get into it. ":-D jack

ya man. My dad used to know some good ponds on the eastern shore to bass fish. We have hunting property over there.

Anyways, I'm glad you are enjoying your Ram..and ya...just gotta get over the MPG thing. Gotta pay to play :smileup:

Jackdashack 09-24-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1206901)
ya man. My dad used to know some good ponds on the eastern shore to bass fish. We have hunting property over there.

Anyways, I'm glad you are enjoying your Ram..and ya...just gotta get over the MPG thing. Gotta pay to play :smileup:


You got it. Word! LOL Yes, I knew what I was getting into, and glad I'm "off the clock" and no where I have to be.

I'm gonna bother you with one last question, or I could put it out there. You let me know.

What's a good crusin' speed on the hwy for best gas mileage. It used to be said a certain speed the vehicle is still pulling itself, and in the sweet spot it's kinda rollin and pushing less. Is there a best "sweet spot" for hwy crusin?

Thanks so much! Jack

gonefishin776 09-24-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackdashack (Post 1206918)
You got it. Word! LOL Yes, I knew what I was getting into, and glad I'm "off the clock" and no where I have to be.

I'm gonna bother you with one last question, or I could put it out there. You let me know.

What's a good crusin' speed on the hwy for best gas mileage. It used to be said a certain speed the vehicle is still pulling itself, and in the sweet spot it's kinda rollin and pushing less. Is there a best "sweet spot" for hwy crusin?

Thanks so much! Jack

Probably varies truck to truck and model to model but...on average I'd say 60-65 is the sweet spot. Start getting over 70mph and over 2K rpms (for my truck at least) then you start to see the drop in MPG. It also depends on if you have the 6sp or 8sp tranny. And what gear ratio you have..all play a roll

You really just need to experiment with your truck!

BlueJet 09-24-2013 09:53 AM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)

Jackdashack 09-24-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 1206955)
Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)

Back atcha BlueJet. :smileup:

CajunDodge 09-24-2013 11:11 AM

Hey there Jack and welcome to the forum, nice intro, I agree, good advice for the young 'ens out there, glad to have you join us and congrats on your truck! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see your new ride! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger