DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Long time Ford owner do I switch (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153895)

Bugguy 09-25-2013 11:29 PM

Long time Ford owner do I switch

Just need a little help I have always owned ford f 150s usually the top line have had several Harley additions and a platinum. I have ordered a hemi longhorn my question is their any other ford owners that have switched. Am I making a mistake. I love the rambox and the 8.4 radio. What do you think a little help or assurance please.

1stRAM2012 09-26-2013 01:26 AM

Well i haveowned one ford and it through a rod and had multiple issues 2006gt and i was going to buy a 2010 f250 and on the test drive it began to leak oil. So from what.ive seen and delt with i can say you.made the right choice. Your experiences obviously may differ but i had a 2012 ram with zero issues and now my 13(traded up to a 4wd) and my 13 has zero issues. Luckily i have had no issues other talk about as far as radio issues or paint flaws etc. I absolutly love my ram

Okieram 09-26-2013 01:43 AM

We'll I just sold my 2012 Harley and purchased a 13 sport cc 4wd 5.7 8 speed. No problem with my fords but I made a good decision on all categories. That 8 speed is great along with the other great feature. Absolutely a better truck.

Grubrunner 09-26-2013 01:53 AM

I'm a Ford man who too made the switch.

Absolutely no regrets.

You'll be wrapped.

Monster5601 09-26-2013 05:33 AM

I'm a retired GM guy (Powertrain engineering) and now work for a Tier 1 supplier supporting Ford programs (body electronics) and I bought a RAM. My first ever Chrysler product but will likely be my last. The RAM is one heck of a truck compared to the other two (at the time of my purchase 4/13) but I am very disappointed with my dealer's service department, they are just terrible.

Tjd 09-26-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugguy (Post 1208097)
Just need a little help I have always owned ford f 150s usually the top line have had several Harley additions and a platinum. I have ordered a hemi longhorn my question is their any other ford owners that have switched. Am I making a mistake. I love the rambox and the 8.4 radio. What do you think a little help or assurance please.

I'm downsizing from F350 but I drove both f150 platinum and Ram long horn. Ram's air suspension and interior detail are a class above in my opinion. Have been holding out now to place order for 2014 Ram with 3.0l diesel. Only complaint is that I can't seem to spend my money ! Still unable to place an order. No doubt ram is a good choice but I will buy the extended warranty just in case.

Fjmviper 09-26-2013 08:59 AM

I've been a fan of the Rams looks for a while and after driving in my buddies 150 for the last 2 years I can tell you that the Ram is a tighter truck. The Ford jiggles and shakes over bumps at what I consider unacceptable levels in a modern vehicle.
While looks are a personal decision I find the Rams interior well above expectations.
Took delivery of a black 2014 sport 2 weeks ago and am more than pleased.

exilepa 09-26-2013 10:49 AM

While never having owned a Ford truck, my past 4 vehicles have been Fords. You will not be dissapointed, at lesat I'm not. Getting the Longhorn especially, the build quality will blow you away comared to Ford and there is no comparison in the quality of the leather.

The only spot where I will say Ford has Chrysler beat is the voice commands of Sync vs UConnect. Now their Ford Touch system -- absolute garbage.

PappaJohnRam 09-26-2013 11:11 AM

I'm a lifelong Ford guy who bought a used Ram a few months ago. I don't see myself going back to a Ford.

skytop 09-26-2013 11:59 AM

I too have over 30 years into Ford. Nothing wrong with Ford it is only a fact that Ram has surpassed Ford in design, technology and build quality. I am more satisfied with my 14' Ram than I ever was with Ford. Even more pleased than with my 2003 Hardley Davison Anniversary model S/C F150 (which was an o.K. truck).

I believe that Ram (and Chrysler Corp) are trying harder than Ford (or Tchevy) and we are benefiting from the fruits of their labor.