DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Bumpy Ride (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=154492)

Dubble 10-01-2013 05:26 PM

Bumpy Ride

My 2013 Ram 1500 ST ( base model doesn't even have a CD player :smiledown: ) has a pretty bumpy ride. I went from driving a :hah:dodge journey to a truck so I knew the ride would be a bit different. The truck has quite a bit of roll when I am turning corners and I feel every crack and little knick in the pavement. Would aftermarket shocks+shock absorbers help and any suggestions on which ones:4-dontknow:? My tires are wrangler SR-A and tire pressure is 40lbs.

Whiplash 10-04-2013 12:21 AM

i noticed a big change even going from an '11 ram to my '13...felt the bumps a lot more in the '13 on stock. i've have tho noticed quite a difference for the better in the front end since adding the Bilstein 5100s. I did add a level at the same time but i'm sure even running stock height there'd be a significant improvement

LowUFO 10-23-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiplash (Post 1214026)
i noticed a big change even going from an '11 ram to my '13...felt the bumps a lot more in the '13 on stock. i've have tho noticed quite a difference for the better in the front end since adding the Bilstein 5100s. I did add a level at the same time but i'm sure even running stock height there'd be a significant improvement

Exactly what this man says. Get the Bilsteins.

medic18d 11-19-2013 02:46 PM

i think you were used to a smoother ride with the journey. i would not get bilsteins for comfort . my pic for comfort is monroe sensitrac
helped me with my old beat up ranger .

h2oman 11-23-2013 10:47 AM

Bilsteins make for a very plush ride.

glcarter 03-02-2014 11:17 AM

All I can say is it is a truck. If you want a plush ride buy a Cadillac, or put some weight in the back like a truck is designed for.

You cannot expect something like a truck that is designed to work to ride like a Journey that is designed to run kids around and get groceries. You can make changes the add expense and comfort but, some will reduce the usefulness of a truck.

Drive a late 60's truck then get in yours and it will feel like you just stepped into a Caddy.

jharrram13 03-21-2014 12:37 PM

I know what your saying on the ride. And just because its a pickup doesn't mean it has to ride like crap. Seems like it differs from truck to truck. Fords are horrible!!! I had a chevy dually I drove for work and it road like a Cadillac even with a 20000+ lb trailer behind it and then they switched me out for a ford and its a darn lumberwagon. So to me my ram rides like a Cadillac lol

BlkXpress25 03-21-2014 04:16 PM

My express rode beautifully til I lowered it... but that was to be expected

Bill55AZ 07-30-2014 03:46 PM

For town driving, I run lower tire pressure. 36 psi makes a difference when driving on poorly maintained roads. When making the twice a year trip to Phoenix and back, I put the tires back up to normal pressure.

Hornet 08-01-2014 12:18 AM

You have no rear swaybar on a ST,adding even the factory bar will make a differance on body roll.
I'm taking it the trucks a regular cab shortbox,other then weight in the rear,there's not much you can do for the ride if you're using the stock springs.
Shortbox trucks have notoriously rough and choppy ride,just the nature of a short wheelbase vehicle
Aftermarket lowering springs are usually progressive and will sometimes give you a better ride.
What part of Alberta are you in.
I have a regular cab shortbox ST with the aftermarket Hellwig swaybar and Mcgaughy's lowering springs,with 285/60/17's on the rear and 275/60/17's on the front,and it still rides like a D8 Cat.

Just realized this is damn near a year old,wonder if he still has the truck