DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Remote unlock issue (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=154516)

mitchb16 10-01-2013 09:18 PM

Remote unlock issue

I purchased a 2010 ram 1590 Laramie about 6 months ago and everything is going perfect except my keyless entry remote. It worked fine when I bought the truck but it started to get bad(as if te batteries were going) so I replaced th batteries and it's still the same way. Sometimes it takes three or four minutes of pressing the unlock button and standing outside my truck looking like an idiot for me to get inside the truck! I've also thought about trying my spare. But my spare is the same way. The remits also has the button for remote start which you have to press twice to start the truck, it's near impossible to get the button to work once sometimes, let alone twice in a row. Anyone have anything on this or have a similar problem?

shawnu 10-01-2013 11:41 PM

Ive noticed mine has beeb doing this more here lately, my gf even said something about it the other day.

I guess im going to change my battery and see if that helps, maybe someone else can chime in and give some input as to why the hell we cant get in our trucks?! Ill be damned id i have to break out that little key inside the key!!

bmarcowka 10-02-2013 07:04 PM

Remote

Same problem here. I have replaced the batteries to no avail. i'm going to hit up the dealer. :box:

latitud 10-02-2013 08:05 PM

Same on my FOB...way slow reaction time.

ramfan1500 10-03-2013 12:37 PM

i fixed mine by taking out the key part of the fobik and prying it open. once inside you will see some little metal tabs that make contact with the battery, simply bend them up a little so that they make better contact with the battery, mine has worked perfectly on both of my fobiks ever since i did this

smurph 10-27-2013 12:35 AM

I had the same issue, my service advisor took the key fob apart in front of me and cleaned the connections. Works fine now. He said its the everyday dirt and pocket lint that causes the problem.
Saved me from spending any money.

afrazorback 10-28-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramfan1500 (Post 1213652)
i fixed mine by taking out the key part of the fobik and prying it open. once inside you will see some little metal tabs that make contact with the battery, simply bend them up a little so that they make better contact with the battery, mine has worked perfectly on both of my fobiks ever since i did this

Did the same thing that ramfan1500 did about two weeks ago, my key fob works perfectly now, very responsive!

Butter 10-29-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramfan1500 (Post 1213652)

I have had to do this with mine several times and it always works.

Wingnut 11-02-2013 08:42 PM

The fob gets warm in your pocket. When you take it out condensation forms inside the fob and corrodes the copper connectors. I gently scrape the bottom and edges of the connectors with my knife. Just enough to get the black corrosion off. This works great for about 6-9 months.