DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum CANADA (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   VHT Night Shades -- Question for Ontario Ram Owners (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=154652)

woopderson 10-02-2013 01:06 PM

VHT Night Shades -- Question for Ontario Ram Owners

I want to do a light tint on my tails, but am a bit unsure if I will get into some trouble or not. Any Ram owners in Ontario with tinted tails get pulled over for it?

Whiplash 10-02-2013 02:42 PM

so long as the light is distinct i don't see you having any problems...i see all kinds of cars with them everyday. i guess you could always go red LED as well if they ended up a little too dark

woopderson 10-02-2013 04:40 PM

Yeah that is how I feel as well. I will most likely be doing the tint this weekend, will post the results!

Whiplash 10-02-2013 04:50 PM

also, not 100% sure but some guys use paint? it still shows thru as red when it's supposed to but the lens itself looks blackish..not sure what paint tho :(

google it ??

woopderson 10-02-2013 04:56 PM

Interesting, I haven't seen the use of paint on the lights. I have a can of Night Shades already, so I will do the setup that most people do. (2-3 coats of NS + 3-5 coats of clear)

Whiplash 10-02-2013 05:03 PM

cool, lemme know how it works out :)

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-03-2013 12:32 AM

I have mine tinted but seeing as I have the 3d tails.. I left the reverse clear with LED reverse lights... And also have a 60" light bar with breaks, turns and white reverse lights.. So everyone knows what I am doing.

I reconmend a light wetsand first... good cleaning, nightshade to preference of shade.. several coats of clear, light wetsand if any imperfections.. Then make sure to polish them with the assistance of elbow grease and then wax em. I have done several sets including a second set of mine after someone smashed my first set :(... Works great.

woopderson 10-03-2013 10:05 AM

Yeah I plan to leave the reverse lights clear as well, I like being able to see where I'm going and I like the look.

Someone smashed your lights?? Woah...

What model of tailgate LED bar do you have?

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-03-2013 11:24 AM

I got the 60" LED glow light bar through Bully's performance... Havent had any trouble with it minus that my tailgate was seized onto my truck so had to get creative putting it on. It's a good price and works great.. Had it on since June/ July without an issue.

I was parked in a court at my girlfriends house and one of the nieghbours with a riced out acccord backed into my passenger back end and the spoiler smashed my tail -.-

woopderson 10-03-2013 01:12 PM

Right on. Did you hard wire it in, or use the trailer harness? If I get one I think I will hard wire.

That sucks about the tails, I hope they at least got you a new one!