DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   Leveling a truck with air suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=154971)

Marine671 10-06-2013 04:52 AM

Leveling a truck with air suspension
 
Hey everyone, traded in my 09 Sport for a 13 Limited 4x4. I wanted to know, for those who have air suspension, has anyone tried to level the truck with the Bilstein 5100's or a leveling kit? I just want it level, I don't plan on increasing wheel or tire size or anything. Thanks in advance

crusher 10-06-2013 08:56 AM

i don't have one but I assuming that since the new air suspension is design to auto level it self(to a factory level), if you would put spacer in the suspension to change the level,.. the factory air suspension would re adjust itself puting it back to the same level it was before you install the level kit,..

Talon66 10-06-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine671 (Post 1215408)
Hey everyone, traded in my 09 Sport for a 13 Limited 4x4. I wanted to know, for those who have air suspension, has anyone tried to level the truck with the Bilstein 5100's or a leveling kit? I just want it level, I don't plan on increasing wheel or tire size or anything. Thanks in advance

It'll be hard to put Bilsteins on, considering the truck doesn't have struts

brandonjansen 10-07-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon66 (Post 1215452)
It'll be hard to put Bilsteins on, considering the truck doesn't have struts

Hahaha yup! :doh:

Right now you're out of luck... If you planned on leveling or lifting air suspension was not the right choice. As far as I know there's nothing available yet to change the air suspension but there are companies working on it.

Marine671 10-07-2013 08:27 PM

Yea... I felt pretty 'tarded cuz the next morning I crawled under there and saw it, then came back to the forum and read it. lol I got something else to worry about now... my bed is crooked! gonna check w the dealer on that one. it's driving me nuts now.

crusher 10-16-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine671 (Post 1216553)
Yea... I felt pretty 'tarded cuz the next morning I crawled under there and saw it, then came back to the forum and read it. lol I got something else to worry about now... my bed is crooked! gonna check w the dealer on that one. it's driving me nuts now.



so any update on your bed


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger