DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The beginning and end to my Ram ownership.. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=155251)

TORMENTOR 10-09-2013 04:33 AM

The beginning and end to my Ram ownership..

So this past week has marked a pretty major turning point in my life.. a lot of changes made, hopefully for the better, but unfortunately, my ram had to be part of that change...

In august 2010, i made my first new vehicle purchase, my 2010 ram crew cab, exactly the way i wanted it, the color i wanted, immediately got it in for exhaust work, followed a few months later by the leveling kit and tires. Everything in my life was going great... almost had my down payment set for a house in the coming year, just all good.

Unfortunately... My significant other, decided to take our future into her own hands last year and plan a baby without me... Which i found out about shortly before we found out she was pregnant but it was already too late... And i mean, full out planning, off birth control, ovulation tests, the whole works, wrote it all out on a blog, but wrote it like we were a happy couple trying for one...

Life got pretty ugly... a lot of bitterness... no remorse from her at all... just happy shes going to have a baby, never blinked an eye to the destroyed trust and relationship she left in all of it... Even everyone around us, took notice to her obsession to this unborn child and how little she cared anymore about us after 7 years....

A lot of nights off work, dealing with the mess, my savings turning into debt, as i never wanted to even come home anymore... so many telling me to just leave, but i didnt... i wanted to stay, i wanted my first born to have a family... I never wanted her to be punished for my ex's major mistake...

unfortunately, 8 months later, we called it quits, just a month before my little girl was due, deciding it was better for our child to be apart and not in this house of ugliness and bitterness... It was the hardest thing i ever had to do.. choosing to split up my family, choosing not to wake up and go to sleep with my little girl... And i never realized just how hard that was going to be until i held her for the first time... After that, we agreed to atleast live together until the end of our lease, so i could live with my daughter for her first few months, and atleast have the memory of what it would be to wake up to her...

Sadly, that time has now passed... But im a fully dedicated father to my girl with split custody and still do my best to see her each day, even when i cant take her for the day... Its been one hell of a ride, and ive learned a lot about myself, my friends, my family and who was there for me... I spent many hours in my truck just driving, trying to clear my head, it was my only escape.

Fast forward to today, her and my ex, live about 15 min from me, both of us moved and basically settled into our new homes and starting my new life, new place, an absolutely amazing and gorgeous woman thats been there for me since the start that has opened some new doors to the future some day... but as sad as it was, i had to face the reality that my truck as a newly single dad and now on a single income just was not practical anymore... So as of two days ago, i no longer am a ram owner... but i stayed in the chrysler family.. and the Hemi family...

Meet the newest addition and new baby carrier:

2012 Chrysler 300c:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...l/P1070735.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...l/P1070736.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...l/P1070734.jpg

Excoastie 10-09-2013 07:18 AM

Wow, that is one hell of a story. As you said, there is some good and some not so good.

Fatherhood will make you look at things in an entirely new light. Enjoy it and your daughter.

Sorry to see you leave the Ram family, but you've got to do what you've got to do. Just because you don't have a Ram anymore doesn't mean that you can't still hang out with us. You'll always be welcome here.

Good luck to you and your family. I hope all continues to go well for you

Exco

starquestbd22 10-09-2013 07:28 AM

Man, that's quite a story. I truly hate to hear of anyone having to go through that sort of life altering event. I too have been through an event which changed a lot of things that I thought I knew and also taught me some very good life lessons. I'm glad to hear that you are choosing to be a part of your daughter's life. You will never regret that decision. Hang in there. It will get better and it will eventually get back to normal. You will be back on track, into a house, and back into a Ram if that's what you want.

In the meantime, that 300 is absolutely gorgeous!!! The silver with the big black rims.....YES!!! Beautiful car man. Let it be your release when you need it but be safe!!

Nemmisis1 10-09-2013 07:48 AM

a baby girl will DEFINATLY GIVE YOU BETTER MEMMORIES AND STORIES TO TELL THAN YOUR TRUCK WILL EVER WILL.... as a dad of 2 kids... you can take everytihng i own ... just stay the F away from my kids...... wouldnt trade them for anything..... as for the girl part... dont be bitter ... forgive and move on ...if you 2 can get it together do it.. you are young.... shit happens get over it .... make lemonade out of lemons... and maybe down the road you can get into another better truck .

starquestbd22 10-09-2013 08:28 AM

^^^^^^ That's a true statement right there. I never really wanted kids. But once I had them, it was a different story. You can mess with or take whatever I have but when it comes to my kids, you are on very dangerous ground. My boy is getting older now and a little more independent but my little girl still has me wrapped firmly and securely around her little pinky finger.

Asur 10-09-2013 08:42 AM

Congratulations on the new member of your family, health and prosperity to you and your family, may there be lots of amazing times in your present and future.

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-09-2013 11:08 AM

That is one heck of a story and life changing event.. It is amazing that you are committing yourself so much to her life.. She will remember this so much when she is older and be very thankful.. Great job :D and keep up the solid parenting.. As far as the truck. It's perfectly understandable.. And down the road when everything has fully settled and going smoothly, you can look at getting yourself into another rig. But honestly, not to bad of a trade .. A ram is awesome.. but damn that 300 is a sweet ride.. Your little girl is gonna be the coolest kid showing up to school when you drop her off in a few years :LOL:... I love the silver and black colour combo (as I have made it pretty clear with my truck).. The 300's just look so classy and powerful all at the same time.

Thunderhorse 10-09-2013 11:10 AM

Way to be a stand up guy Tormentor. Too many people nowadays choose not to raise their own children. Besides, you can get another Ram down the road.

CajunDodge 10-09-2013 11:27 AM

I agree, that is one heck of a story! We never appreciate where we are until we know where we've been and have no idea sometimes where we're going until we understand where we are. You have a great outlook and perspective and kudos to you for stepping up and being a father to your daughter, that is something more valuable than any vehicle. Congrats on the 300, that is a super sweet ride man, love the silver and black, hope the continued best for you and definitely don't be a stranger here! :)

- Cajun

TORMENTOR 10-09-2013 11:51 AM

The one part that was never ever a question in my mind, even during my darkest days through this, was being apart of her life. I knew I wanted to be there, and I do my very best each and every day to give her the best life possible. I love her to death and I know she loves me, and there isn't anything in this world, that i wouldn't give up for her.

Life has been a hell of a journey and its going gone a long road to get myself back where I need to be, but holding her gives me strength and that light at the end of all this... That there is always something worth

http://i.imgur.com/hbY1YWR.jpg