DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Antenna Help? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=155292)

BowHunter11 10-09-2013 02:28 PM

Antenna Help?
 
So continuing with the all black look, I plasti dipped my antenna.

Does anyone know how to remove the chrome ring that is under the antenna? Or how to remove the whole antenna assembly from the fender?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

RogerRamJet 10-12-2013 02:14 AM

Hopefully this thread will help.

BowHunter11 10-12-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1219687)
Hopefully this thread will help.

I tried what that thread suggested but it didn't work for me. Thanks anyway

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to remove the chrome ring under the anteanna or possibly the whole antenna assembly?

RogerRamJet 10-12-2013 04:11 PM

Surely someone with a 4th gen has done this and can shed some light on the subject. Bumpity bump bump.

BowHunter11 10-14-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1219948)
Surely someone with a 4th gen has done this and can shed some light on the subject. Bumpity bump bump.

I don't know if the 4th gen antennas are different or not, but mine is a 3rd gen Ram; just in case there is a difference....

RogerRamJet 10-14-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowHunter11 (Post 1220900)
I don't know if the 4th gen antennas are different or not, but mine is a 3rd gen Ram; just in case there is a difference....

:doh: Dam it, you're right. I don't know how different yours is from mine, though, because of the body style change in '06.

It doesn't just spin off? I find it difficult to believe that... Just reread the OP and why don't you just tape the area off and put some dip on that annoying chrome ring?

BowHunter11 10-16-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1220911)
It doesn't just spin off? I find it difficult to believe that... Just reread the OP and why don't you just tape the area off and put some dip on that annoying chrome ring?

It doesn't spin off, at least not easily. I even put a rag over it (for protection) and used pliers but it wouldn't budge. If I can't get it off then I'll probably end up dipping it.

RogerRamJet 10-16-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowHunter11 (Post 1222525)
It doesn't spin off, at least not easily. I even put a rag over it (for protection) and used pliers but it wouldn't budge. If I can't get it off then I'll probably end up dipping it.

Damn engineers make things more difficult than what they need to be.

will36 10-21-2013 04:03 PM

I would not take it off. I have had to buy a few of them and fix a few dented fenders. I think the over tighten them and stack the threads @ the factory. I have even had to cut the nut off with a die grinder.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger