DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Public Safety (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Ram and House on Fire (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=155366)

ff6cav 10-10-2013 11:25 AM

Ram and House on Fire

Came across this video from CA today of a RAM and a house on fire:
http://youtu.be/k4zSaFh_c54

gonefishin776 10-10-2013 11:43 AM

wow, good find. I wonder how it started?

Now i'll be waiting for the off chance that (hopefully not) it was a Ramforumz member and we see a post "RAM CAUGHT ON FIRE"

that would suck.

CajunDodge 10-10-2013 12:06 PM

That just sucks period but with the house already an inferno, I'd say it started there and something landed on the truck so it went up too. Definitely not a good day for someone.

- Cajun

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-15-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1218516)
wow, good find. I wonder how it started?

Now i'll be waiting for the off chance that (hopefully not) it was a Ramforumz member and we see a post "RAM CAUGHT ON FIRE"

that would suck.

I am sorry, and this is a terrible situation, but reading the "RAM CAUGHT ON FIRE" made me chuckle quite a bit.

But in all seriousness, that is terrible to see. Is always awful to see someones home up in flames, plus their Ram to just finish it all off. Never nice to see. More then likely started inside the house and the ram was just a victim.

Chunkem 10-16-2013 05:27 PM

WOW....That's really sad to see....Hope everyone was ok....Houses and vehicles can be replaced...People can't....Thanks for sharing....Always good to remember to respect what we all have......

RogerRamJet 10-16-2013 11:58 PM

What started this is clearly in the video. There's a turkey fryer there at the front of the garage. Probably over filled it and dropped the frozen turkey in thinking it would thaw. Been on more house fires caused by this than I care to remember. It is a shame. 100% preventable. I'm guessing the hot oil splattered on the ceiling and walls to ignite the garage, and splattered on the plastic grille and bumper of the Ram and got it a blaze.

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-17-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1222770)
What started this is clearly in the video. There's a turkey fryer there at the front of the garage. Probably over filled it and dropped the frozen turkey in thinking it would thaw. Been on more house fires caused by this than I care to remember. It is a shame. 100% preventable. I'm guessing the hot oil splattered on the ceiling and walls to ignite the garage, and splattered on the plastic grille and bumper of the Ram and got it a blaze.

deep dryers/ turkey fryers inside/ real close to a houses should just be a for sure no.. hot oil and flamable materials all around, are not a nice combo.

gonefishin776 10-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

where did you see the fryer at?

anothernewb 10-17-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

didn't see the fryer but know exactly what you mean. part of my job calls for me to calculate 911 call stats annually. there sure are alot of house fires caused by people doing large deep fryers in their garage.

we did a deep fryed turkey camping one time, and made the same mistake. overfilled the pot. thankfully ours was on a wood fire, and we had cleared the area around the campfire, so it was kept contained. but several other campers stopped by since we lit up a rather large portion of the park.

Had a total Bill Engvall moment with it though. One of the passers by asked the inevitable - "did you set your turkey on fire?" I responded without missing a beat. "nope, just toasting really big marshmallows."