DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Best tuner for lifted Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=155648)

HOOAHHemi 10-14-2013 01:47 PM

Best tuner for lifted Ram

I know there are probably a million threads like this and everyone has their own opinion. Everyone wants best power best MPGs best blah blah blah. I need a tuner that will allow me to adjust the speedo/odo for the 37x12.5s I am running and any power performance is a bonus. I have a 2006 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi. Thanks guys, you never let me down!

gonefishin776 10-14-2013 03:09 PM

superchips lets you adjust tire size.

and i think diablo has a tuner for the 3rd gen hemis. both will adjust tire size.

and it lets you disable that dreaded MDS!

HOOAHHemi 10-15-2013 02:23 AM

Gonefishin thanks a ton man!!

Hayden0351 10-15-2013 08:29 PM

Hows the Superchips Programmer? Good things? Bad things?

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-15-2013 09:12 PM

The diablo sport Trinity lets you adjust tire size aswell, and turn off MDS and ten million other things too that I will probably never figure out :LOL:

Hayden0351 10-15-2013 09:38 PM

Any downfalls of the Diablo? any MPG improvment

gonefishin776 10-16-2013 08:57 AM

my superchips was worth it just to turn off MDS. i re cal my tires and set on performance 91 tune. I would say i saw a 1-2mpg increase. But my mud tires really dog my truck out. And i don't expect good MPG out of a truck. I only get 11-12mpg city and upwards of 16/17 all highway. about 14 mpg mix.

crusher 10-16-2013 09:40 AM

diablo is very good, like other said and also if you go with a gear change it will allow you the re adjust the speedometer,... well at least on the 2009 it does but you could also play with your rpm shift adjustment and other cool stuff that might help you since you have bigger tires,.

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-16-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden0351 (Post 1221839)
Any downfalls of the Diablo? any MPG improvment

Can't find a downfall at all.. I have run the 91 performance (best for noticiable power gain), 87 performance.. Both with mds on and off, and miliage booster mode. I have for sure noticed an increase in fuel miliage. I still get better milage per tank then my buds with chevs and ford and the chevs have the 130L tank and the fords is big too.. Mine is only a 90L and I am the only one running m/t's.:gy:

It is more expensive for a tuner, but I decided if I was doing it, I was going big and wanted all the cool toys and perks of it with its custom guage layouts and all the engine monitoring which it can do+ the option of getting a custom tune built in the future.

HOOAHHemi 11-14-2013 02:14 PM

I ended up going with the Diablosport inTune. Because I am an Apple user, it took a few emails to the guys at customer service and some trouble shooting before I get the thing working but once we figured it all out, I got the 87 tune loaded, took off the MDS, adjusted for the larger tires, added a little throttle boost, and a couple of other small tweaks. So far I am pleased with it. I'm thinking after the holidays I'll drive it until the tank is empty, fill it with some 92 oct fuel and run the 91 oct tune just to get a feel for the difference. Like I said, I am definitely pleased and don't think I will go back to a stock tune on any vehicle I own in the future.