DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (
-   -   The BIG 3 (

RAMinator13 10-14-2013 07:01 PM

The BIG 3
Alright guy's. .. Tire Time! Your honest thoughts and experiences. Going for a 35 12.5 20 or similiar on my 2013 ram sport stock wheels. I am already leveled and looking for a good tire that pulls good in the deep stuff and handles and corners good on the street without losing wet road traction and tire wear..... Toyo Open country mt - nitto trail grappler mt or Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ.... all help would be appreciated... about to drop alot of cash and dont wanna regret it for the next two years! Thanks alot guys I have read all reviews and just wanna hear the real deal for our trucks!!!

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-15-2013 01:40 AM

Been running the Toyo Open country M/T 35/12.5/17 since August and have 0 complaints about them.. Some road noise but my exhaust drowns that out anyways... Taking it mudding a few times and haven't come close to getting stuck. My bud is running 35/13.5/? Toyo M/t's on his Jeep Tj for 1-2 years and loves them over the pro-comps M/T's he had before and he beats the crap out of it offroad and on road too. Overall a great tire.. Pricey, but well worth it.. I am pretty sure the Nitto's will be about the same as they are so similar.

RAMinator13 10-15-2013 11:33 AM

Ya I was leaning that way. Thanks alot

Iqudayo 10-15-2013 12:11 PM

I'm tossed I have Nitto's and like them no complaints but I know the Toyo's are great tires also.
So with that said.
1. Nitto Trail Grappler mt
2. Toyo Open country mt

RAMinator13 10-15-2013 04:58 PM

Haha thanks I may try out the nittos. They look mean

Canadian Hemi Pride 10-15-2013 07:47 PM

You can't go wrong with eithor, they are very similar... :LOL: was just looking at the Nitto site at the trailer grapplers... B*stards stole my rims for their pictures -.-