DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   What's the hold up (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=156002)

Bugguy 10-17-2013 11:51 PM

What's the hold up

Okay I guess I'm not real patient. Ordered a 2014 laramie longhorn 6.4 bed with every option but moon roof. So what's holding up my order. Been in production scheduled for 3 weeks now. I have a ship dated of 10/18 don't think that's going to happen. I guess on the bright side rebates could increase in November. I thought when yon were in D1 all parts were available??????

Cane.mba 10-18-2013 12:06 AM

You're more patient than I am, once I saw the Black Out edition I found one on a dealer lot and bought it two days later! I would love to order one, but when I decide it's time for a new truck, I just find something close enough! :)

I was going to order a new Vette a couple of years ago, but found a great deal on a Porsche instead. I will probably get a Vette in several years, I love the new C7s, and I want to get the Museum Delivery option. I think that would be pretty awesome!

skytop 10-18-2013 12:40 PM

You will have to learn to be patient as the rest of us were. Complaining won't hasten the process.

gwilburn 10-18-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugguy (Post 1223646)
Okay I guess I'm not real patient. Ordered a 2014 laramie longhorn 6.4 bed with every option but moon roof. So what's holding up my order. Been in production scheduled for 3 weeks now. I have a ship dated of 10/18 don't think that's going to happen. I guess on the bright side rebates could increase in November. I thought when yon were in D1 all parts were available??????

That's how mine was... I ordered on 8/19... I was notified it was in production on 9/16 (VOTS email). I received a second notification that it was built on 9/23 (VOTS email again). It arrived at the dealer on that very day.

Even the online version of VOTS is behind what's actually occurring. You don't want them to "hurry". You want it built right.

Darwin00537 10-18-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugguy (Post 1223646)

VOTS is very unreliable. It might have shipped days ago. Ask the dealer, they have better info. Since today is the ship date, you have a good excuse to follow up with him/her:smileup:

Flatlandor 10-19-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cane.mba (Post 1223656)
You're more patient than I am, once I saw the Black Out edition I found one on a dealer lot and bought it two days later! I would love to order one, but when I decide it's time for a new truck, I just find something close enough! :)

I was going to order a new Vette a couple of years ago, but found a great deal on a Porsche instead. I will probably get a Vette in several years, I love the new C7s, and I want to get the Museum Delivery option. I think that would be pretty awesome!

I did the museum delivery a few years ago and it was a blast. Flew me and my son to bowling green, picked up the car and drove home. They roll out the red carpet for you. You get a VIP tour of the assembly plant that ends in the museum and then there on display is your car! It's worth doing... I got to start a car for the first time as it was coming off the line. ZERO miles on the clock. They treat ya like a rock star. DO IT!

semlohde 10-19-2013 12:36 PM

Ordered Laramie longhorn 4x4 2500 cummins 8/26. Estimated ship 9/26. Still in production scheduled and got a call now estimated build is 11/11. Pretty sorry.

G8toRam 10-19-2013 12:42 PM

Yeah - keep following up on your order. VOTS told me that my truck was in transit and my dealer said he'd "call me the minute it came off the truck". After not hearing of any progress, I stopped by the dealer and FOUND MY TRUCK SITTING ON THE BACK LOT. It had delivered four days prior. VOTS caught up with "delivered" something like 10 days after that.