DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Dodge Final repaired my rear end pinion Bolt: so much for quality workmanship! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=156102)

Kindanocturnal 10-18-2013 10:07 PM

Dodge Final repaired my rear end pinion Bolt: so much for quality workmanship!

1 Attachment(s)
I took my truck in for some other issues and they stated they would finally address the recall. Turns out my pinion bolt was at less then 50 ft lbs so they needed to do a rebuild. Seems to work good and I know it is strictly cosmetic but tell me if you think this is acceptable workmanship.

CdnoilRAM 10-18-2013 10:12 PM

Look at it this way... you know they used enough sealant to make sure you don't have a leak :LOL:

Gantman 10-18-2013 11:48 PM

Wow! Could they have used a fluorescent yellow for more brightness? Just joking man! I would have used black RTV myself.

RansRAM 10-18-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gantman (Post 1224381)
Wow! Could they have used a fluorescent yellow for more brightness? Just joking man! I would have used black RTV myself.

^^^^ That's the first thing I thought of as well, why not use black unless they ran out and this was all they had left. :doh:

Arth 10-19-2013 12:29 AM

This is why I put a Mag-Hytech on my rear diff. Came with it's own gasket. None of this silly overkill using RTV sealant. If you EVER plan on doing the required maintenance on that differential again... good luck to you.

spoiler 10-19-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindanocturnal (Post 1224312)
I took my truck in for some other issues and they stated they would finally address the recall. Turns out my pinion bolt was at less then 50 ft lbs so they needed to do a rebuild. Seems to work good and I know it is strictly cosmetic but tell me if you think this is acceptable workmanship.

not acceptable...

Gottarpon 10-19-2013 10:08 AM

That's Poor. I would be talking to the service manager, unacceptable

Excoastie 10-19-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gottarpon (Post 1224627)
That's Poor. I would be talking to the service manager, unacceptable

I agree. I would ask the service manager if he would've accepted crap like that on his own vehicle.

Exco

rockdoc 10-19-2013 11:59 AM

I'm with guys. I would have been pissed. Pride of workmanship eh?. Give em hell. I am getting used to this low level of workmanship too but if you don't voice your concerns the next Dodge brother or sister will get the same level of detail.

Bigdiezel79 10-19-2013 02:30 PM

Atleast yours has been fixed. I have been waiting since July for the parts. Every time I go to the dealership they claim "the parts have been ordered but havent gotten here yet"