DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Heated seat - driver's side (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=156320)

Monster5601 10-21-2013 02:17 PM

Heated seat - driver's side

My driverís seat heater seldom warms the seat. With a remote start in cold weather the seat does not heat, the heated seat switch shows two red LEDs, a hint of warmth can be felt after 12 to 15 minutes of driving but the seat never gets warm and what warmth can be detected is in the seat back. Sometimes, manually turning on the heated seat, the seat will warm up within a few minutes and I have to lower the heat setting.

Iím curious to know how others view the functionality of their heated seat. Does it warm up fast? How warm does it get and how long does it take?

This is my first Chrysler product having driven GM and Fords for most of my driving life. Iíve never seen a heated seat perform so poorly and the dealer is telling me that the seats do not get that warm anymore. Is the dealer right?

Exhausted 10-21-2013 02:46 PM

Mine will burn my ass in that amount of time

Asur 10-21-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster5601 (Post 1226088)
My driverís seat heater seldom warms the seat. With a remote start in cold weather the seat does not heat, the heated seat switch shows two red LEDs, a hint of warmth can be felt after 12 to 15 minutes of driving but the seat never gets warm and what warmth can be detected is in the seat back. Sometimes, manually turning on the heated seat, the seat will warm up within a few minutes and I have to lower the heat setting.

Iím curious to know how others view the functionality of their heated seat. Does it warm up fast? How warm does it get and how long does it take?

This is my first Chrysler product having driven GM and Fords for most of my driving life. Iíve never seen a heated seat perform so poorly and the dealer is telling me that the seats do not get that warm anymore. Is the dealer right?

There is an issue go see your dealer, does the passenger side do the same? should check in case both do the same thing.

Monster5601 10-21-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1226123)
There is an issue go see your dealer, does the passenger side do the same? should check in case both do the same thing.

Don't know, never sat in the passenger seat. Good suggestion, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

I wonder if the same module controls heating for both seats.

The Crow 1994 10-21-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhausted (Post 1226108)
Mine will burn my ass in that amount of time

Ha ha. :LOL:

Mine (with premium cloth seats) get pretty warm, pretty quickly, too. Love them! :smiley_thumbs_up:

macabra11 10-21-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 (Post 1226130)
Ha ha. :LOL:

Mine (with premium cloth seats) get pretty warm, pretty quickly, too. Love them! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Same here. It takes maybe a minute to warm up... MAYBE!

Tony Munari 10-22-2013 10:49 AM

Mine gets warm quick. Not like my old F150 with 3 heat levels, full blast would set your ass on fire.

rjmlakota 10-22-2013 11:03 AM

If I use the remote start and let her run for about 5 minutes, when I sit in the seat she is toasty warm. I love the heated seats and heated steering wheel for those cold northeast mornings! :smileup:

Fahmain 10-22-2013 07:52 PM

Now that you mention it, mine does the same also. I started it 10 min prior. The steering wheel is nice and toasty but the seat is slightly warm not toasty.

kxlexus 10-22-2013 08:05 PM

Mine gets hot quick