DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Western Brown (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=156347)

BIGDODGE 10-21-2013 08:36 PM

Western Brown

Guys, just a quick question. Can you get a 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn in the color Western Brown. I see it listed on some of the lower end models, but not on the Longhorn. I really like this color on the Longhorn with the white gold accents.

Geodasher 10-21-2013 10:29 PM

Re: Western Brown

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDODGE (Post 1226297)
Guys, just a quick question. Can you get a 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn in the color Western Brown. I see it listed on some of the lower end models, but not on the Longhorn. I really like this color on the Longhorn with the white gold accents.

I like this color, too. It should be available to order (code PEP). The RamTrucks.com builder does not show it because the site needs updating, but your dealer should be able to specify it.

Otterdriver 10-22-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDODGE (Post 1226297)

If the Longhorn is the equivalent of the Bighorn, then you should beable to get it, it's a kick-ass colour!! If it's the same as the 13's, the metal flake is beautiful in the sunlight. It's a rich colour. Good luck!

Chunkem 10-22-2013 12:19 AM

The Western Brown should be available.....

BIGDODGE 10-22-2013 09:49 AM

I went to a dealer last night to check if I could order a 2014 Longhorn in Western Brown and he said that color was unavailable on that model. In the same breathe he said he would gladly sell me one he had sitting on the lot. He said they only come in 4 colors, Black, Black Gold, White and Red. Not sure if I believe him. Real pushy guy just trying to unload one he had on hand. I really hate dealing with car sales people.

2014LHLTD 10-22-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDODGE (Post 1226653)
I went to a dealer last night to check if I could order a 2014 Longhorn in Western Brown and he said that color was unavailable on that model. In the same breathe he said he would gladly sell me one he had sitting on the lot. He said they only come in 4 colors, Black, Black Gold, White and Red. Not sure if I believe him. Real pushy guy just trying to unload one he had on hand. I really hate dealing with car sales people.

That doesn't sound right!

Get the Truck YOU want bud, not the one they want to sell you!

And agree, hate talking to salespeople who know less than we do!

Cheers

Chunkem 10-22-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014LHLTD (Post 1226663)
That doesn't sound right!

Get the Truck YOU want bud, not the one they want to sell you!

And agree, hate talking to salespeople who know less than we do!

Cheers

Yeah I totally agree...That doesn't sound right at all....Order what you want.

Just spoke to my dealer and he looked it up and advised that Western Brown is NOT available for 2014 year on the Longhorn.

This was the answer from a dealer in Canada, may be different in the States???

Sorry, but hope that answers your question.

Ed

Thunderhorse 10-22-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otterdriver (Post 1226462)
If the Longhorn is the equivalent of the Bighorn, then you should beable to get it, it's a kick-ass colour!! If it's the same as the 13's, the metal flake is beautiful in the sunlight. It's a rich colour. Good luck!

The Longhorn is not the same as the Bighorn, it is a premium trim. I think you may be thinking of the Lone Star which is the "Texas edition" only available in Texas. The Lone Star is the same as a Bighorn, only difference is the badging. The Laramie Longhorn (full name) is only available in crew cab and has a western themed saddle leather interior. The Laramie Limited is meant to give buyers the high end trim of a Laramie Longhorn without the western trim, which some see as cheesy.

BIGDODGE 10-22-2013 03:19 PM

Thanks guys' for all the great information. Much appreciated. When I first started looking at a new truck I was interested in the Sport, but you can't get rear seat heat on that model. Then I looked at the Lonhorn but now I can't get the color I like with the white gold bottom. I guess I'm going to have to move up the food chain to the Limited. I'm not really into the 4 colors available on the Longhorn.

spp 10-23-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDODGE (Post 1226866)
Thanks guys' for all the great information. Much appreciated. When I first started looking at a new truck I was interested in the Sport, but you can't get rear seat heat on that model. Then I looked at the Lonhorn but now I can't get the color I like with the white gold bottom. I guess I'm going to have to move up the food chain to the Limited. I'm not really into the 4 colors available on the Longhorn.

Sorry, been busy lately and can't read the forums as much I'd like too.

From the latest code guide, the Laramie Longhorn/Limited has the following colors:

Black (PX8)
Black Gold Pearl (PUG)
Bright Silver (PS2)
Bright White (PW7)
Deep Cherry (PRP)
Flame Red (PR4)
Granite Crystal (PAU)
Maximum Steel (PAR)
Prairie Pearl (PFA)
True Blue Pearl (PBU)

And...

Western Brown (PEP) (requires Cattle Tan or Canyon Brown Interior)

(Two tone is black, black gold, bright white, deep cherry, prairie pearl, and western brown. All over White Gold. All with the Cattle Tan/Canyon brown interior)

It is one of the late start colors. I don't know if that is open to ordering just yet.