DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Weird thing happened to my dash on way home from work (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=156435)

rjmlakota 10-22-2013 09:12 PM

Weird thing happened to my dash on way home from work

So I'm on my way home from work, doing around 45mph. When all of a sudden my entire dash reset. All Gage's went to zero and all dash lights went out and came back on. I still had power to the radio and was able to maintain speed.

Anyone else ever have this issue? Also, would this throw a code that the dealership may use to trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance

RJ

PaulMys 10-22-2013 09:20 PM

JMO, but I think something like that would throw a code for sure.

Explorer Rob 10-22-2013 11:31 PM

There have been several reportings of the dash resetting, myself included. Mine happened about a week or two after I updated my Uconnect to the latest version. Maybe they're related. It didn't set a code on mine and didn't seem to cause a problem. Hasn't happened since. As long as it doesn't keep happening, I'm not worrying about it.

Grubrunner 10-22-2013 11:33 PM

Disregard.

I misread the post.

rjmlakota 10-23-2013 09:21 AM

This morning everything ran perfect. I think I'm going to just keep an eye on it. Seeing it's hunting season and I will be traveling down some remote roads, hopefully nothing happens!

edge35 10-23-2013 12:33 PM

My truck did it as well a week or so ago. Hasn't happened since.

HuntDux 10-23-2013 08:54 PM

Within the first week of owning mine, my dash did the same thing. Only did it once and has been fine since.

Backlash 10-23-2013 11:44 PM

mine did it again tonight sitting in the drive thru :4-dontknow:. that makes three times now. It may not be "hurting" anything and maybe I'm a little too anal about my truck :dork:, but computer or not, when you pay that much for something it shouldn't just shut down and reboot at random while you're driving down the road:doh:. I'm not freaking out about it yet, but if it keeps happening, I'm definitely going to have it looked into

rjmlakota 01-24-2014 03:32 PM

The dash reset has been happening to me about once a week now. i will be making an appointment next week to see if there are any error codes and I'll see what the service department comes up with.

I will keep you guys posted.

RJ

Chunkem 01-24-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmlakota (Post 1306989)
The dash reset has been happening to me about once a week now. i will be making an appointment next week to see if there are any error codes and I'll see what the service department comes up with.

I will keep you guys posted.

RJ

Sounds like your system made need a flash update.....

Please let us know....

Ed