DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   rear diff clutch ?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=156497)

crusher 10-23-2013 12:38 PM

help,..rear diffentiel clutch ??

my truck is in today for the rear diff recall (their rebuilting a good part of it), and they just called me to let me know that my clutch were all wear out and needed to be replace right away,.

they also say normally it's not cover under the recall but they manage to make it go on it,.. so free of charge

so i have 2 questions for thoses than know 's about differentiel

1- can the fact that my nut was looses and cause the parts to move inside my rear differentiel be the cause of the clutch braking

2- what normally whode be the cause of the diffentiel clutch to worn out, to be no more good?

thank'S

Swaggerville Ram 11-14-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crusher (Post 1227582)
my truck is in today for the rear diff recall (their rebuilting a good part of it), and they just called me to let me know that my clutch were all wear out and needed to be replace right away,.

they also say normally it's not cover under the recall but they manage to make it go on it,.. so free of charge

1- can the fact that my nut was looses and cause the parts to move inside my rear differentiel be the cause of the clutch braking

2- what normally whode be the cause of the diffentiel clutch to worn out, to be no more good?

thank'S

The loose nut would not be directly causing the excessive wear on the LS clutches, however if your diff was leaking out the pinion seal, I could see how that would wear them out.

The short answer to the wear is heat.

How it saw the excess heat could be a few different reasons, but if it lost fluid that is what I would blame.

Asur 11-14-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crusher (Post 1227582)

thank'S

1- No, would not affect the clutches

2- On Anti-Spin Diffs eventually the clutches wear out and require replacement. The harder you use the LSD (more burnouts, etc.) the shorter the life of the clutches.

TJC.geotech 11-14-2013 11:56 AM

2. one or two extended one wheel spins will take them out.

crusher 11-20-2013 07:00 AM

thank's for the reply's