DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Taillight LED Bulb 80watts 900 lumens (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=157368)

Asur 11-02-2013 01:59 PM

Taillight LED Bulb 80watts 900 lumens
 
I have installed and tried a ton of 3157 taillight bulbs since I have my truck, seriously at least 10 sets of Bulbs, my last set I had on my truck was about the same output as a stock bulb. I have been looking for a brighter bulb and recently found these from autolumination and they are probably the brightest replacement bulb you can find, not cheap but they are way brighter than the stock 3157 which produces around 600 lumens, this LED Bulb with 16 Cree LED's produces 80 watts, around 900 lumens.

I picked these up from Autolumination

http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

http://autolumination.com/images/aut..._80watt_wm.jpg


So if your looking for a bulb to replace your stock bulb and want something brighter these will work.

Kamanhart 11-02-2013 04:22 PM

Awesome find!! Do they come in a s*ck base as well or just a regular 3157 base?

Asur 11-02-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamanhart (Post 1235855)
Awesome find!! Do they come in a s*ck base as well or just a regular 3157 base?

I picked the up in the 3157 base ver, did not check if they had other versions. :4-dontknow:

RogerRamJet 11-02-2013 07:41 PM

Most excellent. Gonna have to give these a look. Thanks for the info.

fastforwarddad 11-11-2013 01:51 PM

wondering how these will compare to the V LEDs Triton in real the real world

http://www.vleds.com/v3-triton/bulb-system/v3-r.html


I am most concerned with their operation in bright sunlight.

Have you installed yours yet?

Asur 11-11-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastforwarddad (Post 1243168)
wondering how these will compare to the V LEDs Triton in real the real world

http://www.vleds.com/v3-triton/bulb-system/v3-r.html


I am most concerned with their operation in bright sunlight.

Have you installed yours yet?

Installed and very bright, brighter than stock bulb, love these, very nice.

mikennrg 11-11-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1243231)
Installed and very bright, brighter than stock bulb, love these, very nice.

Did you take any before and after pics? I'd love to see them installed.

Asur 11-11-2013 06:40 PM

Nope since I had other LED bulbs for a while, I could always take daytime pics so you can see how bright they are, but pictures are relative to the camera etc, so they don't really give you a thought of how bright they really are since the camera will try to correct for crappy lighting or for too much lighting. All I can say is I tried around 7 sets of bulbs, after about 6 months I had found a set that was around a 600 lumans bulb, I liked them but wanted something stronger, and these 900 lumen 80watt ones are very strong.

Again its never easy to get the proper brightness effect with a phone camera but here they are lighting up my garage door with the brake lights, as you can see there pretty strong, and no problems seeing the in the day full sunlight, they are brighter than the OEM bulbs. These are the 3157 super white bulbs since the brake light housing is red.

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps13eccd92.jpg

Brad Pitt 11-11-2013 11:29 PM

Thanks for the info... got anymore pics?

mikennrg 11-12-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1243389)
Nope since I had other LED bulbs for a while, I could always take daytime pics so you can see how bright they are, but pictures are relative to the camera etc, so they don't really give you a thought of how bright they really are since the camera will try to correct for crappy lighting or for too much lighting. All I can say is I tried around 7 sets of bulbs, after about 6 months I had found a set that was around a 600 lumans bulb, I liked them but wanted something stronger, and these 900 lumen 80watt ones are very strong.

Again its never easy to get the proper brightness effect with a phone camera but here they are lighting up my garage door with the brake lights, as you can see there pretty strong, and no problems seeing the in the day full sunlight, they are brighter than the OEM bulbs. These are the 3157 super white bulbs since the brake light housing is red.

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps13eccd92.jpg

Thanks. Those do look really bright.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger