DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   2" level with 325/60/20 duratracs (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=157671)

Amell 11-05-2013 06:22 PM

2" level with 325/60/20 duratracs

Hey guys I have a 2012 ram 1500 4x4, I was gonna get a 4" rancho lift or a 6" rcx lift but the dealer says it will void my warrenty but a leveling kit will not,
They have a 2" leveling kit I was wondering if that will be enough to clear my 325/60/20 duratracs? I have stock rims right now so I would assume I'd need a 1/4" spacer like I've read? And if I go with aftermarket wheels try to find some that are 20x9 and a 0 offset correct?

Thanks for the help!

LowUFO 11-05-2013 09:54 PM

Correct and correct. 325/60r20 is 35.4" x 12.8". And on the stock rims you might still get a bit of rub at full lock. Aftermarket rims would be the best way to go for clearance. And for leveling, contact Bully Performance (awesome vendor on here) and get a pair of Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts. Set them to 2.1" which is the second highest setting. Best way to level the truck without putting any undue stresses on the front end, and they only cost a couple hun plus 2.5hrs labor to install. And then you'll need an alignment of course. Even better, they improve the ride quality and they come w a lifetime warranty.

Amell 11-06-2013 02:44 AM

I was thinkkng about going that route but I really wanna keep my factory warrenty and they said the only way that would happen is if I had there 2" leveling kit installed... Think with just 2" I'll clear those tires?
And again aftermarket rims I want 20x9 with a 0 offset is ideal?

brandonjansen 11-06-2013 02:54 AM

You won't clear a 325/60/20 on the stock wheels. They're bigger than a 35x12.5 and some of those are hard enough to clear on stock wheels. So you will need aftermarket wheels for sure. Then the next issue is that 2" of lift isn't enough to clear those either. You would need at least 2.5" and even at that you would probably still rub. IMO you'd be much better off going with a 295/60/20 if you want to keep your stock wheels and only do a 2" level.

Keep in mind going with Bilsteins will not void your warranty. A lift won't either.... It will only void the warranty on the new parts you put on or if what you installed caused the problem with whatever did fail.

hodge 11-06-2013 03:55 AM

If you already have the tires I'd go for it. Get a 2.5" level or the 5100's along with some wheel spacers and give it a shot. You'll have some scrub for sure but a little trim or heat gun work and you should be able to solve most of that.

Amell 11-15-2013 05:55 AM

So I'm thinking of going with the fuel maverick rims in 20x9 with +1 offset
I measured the tires and they appear to be a bit smaller and come out around the average 35x12.5/20. So I think I may give them the shot with just the 2" leveling kit, hopefully there is little/none rubbing
http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheel.cfm?id=2583

Let me know your thoughts and opinions!

dc01039 11-15-2013 12:43 PM

Thinking about some meatier rubber, 2013 Big Horn 4x4 CC, Bilstein 5100's set at 2.75", stock Chrome Claddies 9.0" I think. Lookiing at the Nitto Tierra Grapplers, Toyo's or Goodyear Duratracs. Maybe a LT 295/60 or 65's x 20 as I am looking to fill up the wheel wells. The Bushwacker Pocket Flare's I added are just begging for some meat under there. My driving is 99% City/Hi-Way, don't want any excessively loud noise noise or hum, and want an agressive off-road look with 50k or more treadlife. Any recommendations..??

I love the looks of the Nitto Trail Grappler but am concerned with the treadlife...

faitdushred 11-15-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amell (Post 1238960)
I was thinkkng about going that route but I really wanna keep my factory warrenty and they said the only way that would happen is if I had there 2" leveling kit installed... Think with just 2" I'll clear those tires?
And again aftermarket rims I want 20x9 with a 0 offset is ideal?

From what I know up here in Canada they can't void your warranty completely. Say you install new Billstien shocks and your motor blows. Well they cant void your warranty cause you replaced your shocks cause in no way whatsoever was that what caused your engine to blow. They have to pin point the reason for the warranty issue being cause by whatever aftermarked piece you replaced. I replaced my muffler added leveling kit 34 inch tires aftermarket wheels and I still get warranty done to my truck all the time. Just have to find a dealer that arent jacka**'s