DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need some pictures and ideas (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=158238)

Kamanhart 11-12-2013 10:59 AM

Need some pictures and ideas

Im starting to stock up on parts for my audio upgrade, im going to put alpine type r speakers in all four doors, with a type r 10 inch sub all powered by the PDX-V9 amp, im looking for some pictures of amp and sub installs in a 3rd gen truck to give me an idea how you ran wires to all the doors and where you mounted the amp and sub. Any advice will be much appreciated:smileup:

Canadian Hemi Pride 11-12-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamanhart (Post 1243776)
Im starting to stock up on parts for my audio upgrade, im going to put alpine type r speakers in all four doors, with a type r 10 inch sub all powered by the PDX-V9 amp, im looking for some pictures of amp and sub installs in a 3rd gen truck to give me an idea how you ran wires to all the doors and where you mounted the amp and sub. Any advice will be much appreciated:smileup:

With a quad cab I suggest putting the sub and amp under one of the back seats in the storage compartment. You could then run the wires behind the back seat and tuck them in under the plastic trim all the way along right to the front of the truck, just have to watch out for the seatbelts. I will be following how you do this, please be pic heavy as I may need some help installing my type S speakers lol.

Kamanhart 11-12-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1243822)
With a quad cab I suggest putting the sub and amp under one of the back seats in the storage compartment. You could then run the wires behind the back seat and tuck them in under the plastic trim all the way along right to the front of the truck, just have to watch out for the seatbelts. I will be following how you do this, please be pic heavy as I may need some help installing my type S speakers lol.

That is what my plans are is under the seat, the sub will be in the rear drivers compartment and amp on the other i just am trying to figure out how to run all the wires and be clean, the sub shouldnt be an issue it will just be running the amped speaker wires to each door that im worried about. Also it will probably be first part of next year before i do the install as my wallet is not allowing to buy all the stuff at once so its gunna take some time to get all the stuff but when i do install i plan to go picture crazy :LOL:

Canadian Hemi Pride 11-12-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamanhart (Post 1243825)
That is what my plans are is under the seat, the sub will be in the rear drivers compartment and amp on the other i just am trying to figure out how to run all the wires and be clean, the sub shouldnt be an issue it will just be running the amped speaker wires to each door that im worried about. Also it will probably be first part of next year before i do the install as my wallet is not allowing to buy all the stuff at once so its gunna take some time to get all the stuff but when i do install i plan to go picture crazy :LOL:

Sounds good:smileup:.. I'm guessing for the speaker wires would be to just follow the stock wiring layout to each door. There will be alot of removing plastic, curse words and anger.. But will be awesome in the end.

Kamanhart 11-12-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1243859)
Sounds good:smileup:.. I'm guessing for the speaker wires would be to just follow the stock wiring layout to each door. There will be alot of removing plastic, curse words and anger.. But will be awesome in the end.

:LOL: if there wasnt curse words and anger i would feel like im doing something wrong... and im pretty excited it should make for a decent set up, it wont break windows but should have great sound when you open the doors and crank it up in a field :smileup:

Canadian Hemi Pride 11-12-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamanhart (Post 1243967)
:LOL: if there wasnt curse words and anger i would feel like im doing something wrong... and im pretty excited it should make for a decent set up, it wont break windows but should have great sound when you open the doors and crank it up in a field :smileup:

Oh she will pound that's for sure. Nice part about truck cabs is there is no empty space to kill the sound.. Just straight seats and the space needed.