DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Hemifevertuning Customers (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=158365)

blackops 11-13-2013 05:38 PM

Hemifevertuning Customers

Ok hemifevertuning customers... sell me on getting a hemifever tune over the canned DiabloSport Trinty tune I just installed. I have a 2013 RT...

TheSatinPumpkin 11-13-2013 05:59 PM

hemifever@aol.com
www.hemifevertuning.com
His Vendor section on this site.
http://ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262

Truck has been running his SCT custom tunes(s) since 2009 and purring great.

Grubrunner 11-13-2013 07:04 PM

To quote a scene/line from the [brilliant] movie Heat -

Charlene Shiherlis: What else are you guys selling?

Sgt. Drucker: But this here I don't need to sell and you know it, 'cause this here is the kind of shit that sells itself.

Hope this helped.

Kamanhart 11-13-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1244983)

Sgt. Drucker: But this here I don't need to sell and you know it, 'cause this here is the kind of shit that sells itself.

Hope this helped.

Perfectly said Grub, its one of things that you will hesitate going through with but when you do you will kick your own ass for not doing it sooner

Gecko 11-13-2013 08:01 PM

I don't have a HemiFever tune but I can tell you a custom tune will be much better than the canned tunes on the diablo. This is because the diablo tunes are just better tunes but for all trucks. Think of it as an upgraded generic tune. A custom tune will be different from vehicle to vehicle even if you and I have the exact same truck spec for spec. This allows your custom tune to make YOUR truck perform at its best.

Mate2011RT 11-13-2013 09:15 PM

First off, Sean is great. Helpful, responsive, and knows his sh!t.
Second, a custom tune is based on your log file, not a general elastic waistband that kinda fits the masses in a nice little tighty whitey fashion. Can you even imagine how generic the DS tunes have to be to work at even 90% of the units they have moved?

But, here is an easy sell for ya:
Why did you get an R/T instead of a Sport?
That would be a good analogy of Hemifever to Canned DS tune

<insert some zen gibberish referring to someone as grasshopper and such>

MaximumSteelExpress 11-14-2013 01:22 AM

Hands down the best mod ive done yet.
I nearly get con cussed each time I mash the pedal from my head smashing against the headrest..

Canadian Hemi Pride 11-14-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1244983)

Hope this helped.

Awesome quote Grub:smileup:

I can't wait to get a custom tune in the future when money allows for it.

DarthRam 11-15-2013 11:07 PM

Anybody have any problems with Hemifever? You know. Like some people did with the other guy? Also, I feel a little reticent in purchasing, what is in actuality, a custom written computer code from someone who still has an AOL email address?

What? I can't be the only one who thought of this!?

jerseymike 11-16-2013 01:24 AM

I got my DiabloSport Intune today. I first had to uninstall the BD tuner. I then called BD to have them VINH unlock the tuner for me, it took all of 2 minutes. Drama free.

I then loaded the 91 octane DS tune. The first save of my stock tune and write of canned DS tune took a long time. I didnt time it but I would say 30+ minutes. But all in all the process was pretty simple. The canned DS tune was ok, but not as good as the BD tune. So I was really counting on Sean to make the switch worth while. And he certainly did deliver. He sent out a tweaked custom tune to help me solve the problem with my new Circle D torque converter. GREAT first tune!! The truck pulls much harder, runs much smoother, shifts much better and he fixed about 50% of the torque converter issue. I took the truck on a long 20 minute data log and emailed the file back. I then took a second more leisurely drive to check gas mileage witch has taken a hit after my last 2 mods( 4.10s and the Torque Converter). Before the HF tune I was getting 15mpg and after the tune I averaged 19mpg. Now this was a short trip with almost no traffic and steady cruising but I havent seen those numbers since before I started modding.

Very pleased!! Cant wait to see the final tune.

Moral of the story. HF custom tune for the win. Hands down. But if you dont want a custom tune then go for the BD.