DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   pinion nut recall performed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=158934)

ramfan1500 11-20-2013 11:44 AM

pinion nut recall performed

Just had my truck in for the pinion nut retainer clip install performed. The dealer I bought my truck from told me parts are not available yet after I called and said I had received my second notice in the mail. He said it could be months before he gets the parts in and that I should just check back every 2-3 weeks. So I called the other dealer in my town and he said yeah bring it in, parts have been in stock now for about 3 weeks. So I took it in and had it done, took about an hour. So any of you being told parts are not in you may want to check with other dealers.

rockdoc 11-20-2013 12:27 PM

Got the same response from my dealer......hmmmmm

rewindgy 11-20-2013 04:14 PM

Hey rocdoc - Big 4 has the parts in stock. Got the 2nd letter in mail - called them the next day - the truck went in the next day after that and 4 hrs later it was back to me.

Jeringate 11-21-2013 10:08 PM

Got the same run around from my dealer whom I just bought the truck off of in April used, they said they wouldn't do it. I took the truck in for service because it was leaking clear oil from the rear end, they wanted to charge me $70 for inspection, to say the least I lost it, after being told they didn't have parts to fix it originally they called me later that day and said the parts would be there in the morning and it was related to the recall...

Terrible service here in Toronto... but at least shes fixed

Thunderhorse 11-21-2013 11:48 PM

I took my dad's '09 in last Friday to have it done. No issues, except they took 10 hours to do it :4-dontknow:

snrusnak 11-22-2013 08:10 AM

^did they have to rebuild the rear end?

Thunderhorse 11-22-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 1251607)
^did they have to rebuild the rear end?

No. I asked and they said all they had to do was the nut. My dad doesn't drive his truck hard. We tow and haul with it but apparently the diff was fine. the truck had about 56,000 mi on it when the recall was performed.

10hemiram 11-22-2013 10:39 PM

recall

Took my 2010 hemi ram in yesterday to get recall done, and was told today that they have to cahnge my ring gear and pinion also. I only have 44,000 miles on it.

Rambunkshuss 11-23-2013 12:20 AM

Sure wish chrysler would get after their LAME dealerships, its just ridiculous..! (lame is putting it nicely) Couple friends of mine here locally, wont buy another dodge truck just because the dealership service is so horrible. I myself, am up in the air about buying another dodge again, i`m trading in for a new truck this coming spring, but dodge is not very high on my "option to buy" list this time, and i`ve been a loyal buyer for many many years. (i buy the top of the line models too...$50,000 dollar trucks when i buy them) I`ve lived the same dealership issues as my friends have, lack of professional service at every dodge dealer i`ve been to. (they cant seem to fix anything right, most the time, they actually make it worse after they`ve touched it) Its really too bad, i really love the truck, but i need a new one soon. When i took mine in for the rear differential recall, the tech didnt even frickin know how to install the pinion nut retainer, i had to show him how it went inside the yoke and how to tighten it up. (REALLY...???) He didnt even know the driveshaft had to be removed... then he asked why they had sent four new flange bolts in the box with the retainer. Sad folks, very sad.

snrusnak 11-23-2013 11:33 AM

I kind of hope they need to rebuild mine. If so I'm going to ask them if I can pay for the parts for 3.92's and lsd since they have to do the labor anyway.