DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Two kills over the past week (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=158994)

datboiryan 11-21-2013 12:18 AM

Two kills over the past week

Decided to race a buddy the other night. I've always wondered who's was faster. My truck is a 2010 Ram Sport QC with the only performance mod being a new muffler. So it's all stock with 80k miles. His was a 2005 Cummins dually, standard transmission. I know he's running no muffler and has a programmer.

So we were rolling down the highway about 45 and the first two I smoke him. It really wasn't even close. Same thing on the second run. On the third and last run I decide to have a little fun. He punched it and I let him get a small 1 car lead by just feathering the throttle before getting on it around 60-70 and then pulling him in. This one was all in good fun.

Next was a few days later. Cruising on the highway when I see what looks to be an 05-08 Mustang GT. So I'm assuming it had the 4.6? Think it was an auto. Anyway, he passes me and I pull up beside him. Trying to get him to slow down and go. Well I guess he misunderstood me and he just went when I wasn't ready. We were probably rolling around 60ish. He obviously gets the jump on me just above my front bumper but I roll him back in and hit him with the deuces as I go by him. He then exited off. I'll be honest, I was expecting the worst. Are those Stangs really that slow? Possible that he let off? Was expecting a bit more out of it but I guess not. I do know that he floored it though because I could hear his weak exhaust.

Either way, the Hemi is still undefeated. :box2:

acs0424 11-21-2013 01:23 AM

From my experience and from what I've heard from others, our trucks can be those stangs. They really aren't fast. I'm more surprised that you walked on the cummins, to be honest.

datboiryan 11-21-2013 10:34 PM

I'm pretty surprised about racing my buddy as well. I was confident in the hemi but I thought it was going to be closer than that.

The stang is what shocked me though. I mean, the dude jumped the gun and I still ended up with the win. Now I'll be a little less hesitant about racing the 4.6's.

Grubrunner 11-21-2013 10:40 PM

Those 4.6L have some room for improvement. A fellow FF has one and with several bolt-ons, it goes well..... really well.

A well worked/tune one will eat you.

OEM, yes, they're slug boxes.

I too am surprised the Cummins didn't give you much headaches and at your "smoked him" comment.

Nice.

jharrram13 03-21-2014 11:44 AM

The stock 4.6's are kinda slow. Watch yourself if you pull up beside a 5.0 though....not the same story.

hemi4452 03-21-2014 12:00 PM

I went light to light with a 4.6 newer stang with my 03. I abused him and his friends in the car.