DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Park sense sensor error (cold) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=159065)

jaray 11-21-2013 09:30 PM

Park sense sensor error (cold)

Washed my truck tonight after our first cold night with below freezing temps and I get an error saying "rear ParkSense unavailable wipe rear sensors"

Obviously the water probably iced up on the sensors but I got out and checked and they're perfectly clean and dry. No ice whatsoever. I've looked on their surface and there is no ice.
Been through 2 key cycles and no change. I certainly hope these aren't going to become a problem in the winter.
Anyone else seeing this in freezing temps?

jaray 11-21-2013 10:01 PM

Well the error seems to have cleared itself after awhile but backing up went complete red and beep as if there was something right behind when there wasn't. Went out and ran my fingers across each sensor and tried again - all normal.

So who knows what went on there but I hope these sensors aren't going to be troublesome in the winter. They've surely been out long enough now that they should be all figured out.
I'm sure salt and snow will definitely block them but this little issue was way too sensitive.

lbram81 11-21-2013 10:31 PM

Had this same issue on my 07 grand Cherokee. Almost every time they would get wet that message would pop up. Dealership couldn't figure it out. One of the reasons I'm glad I own a express without all that electrical non sense.

smurfs 11-22-2013 12:00 AM

Have this same issue, funny thing was- after it dipped down to about minus 25, they came back to life. Go figure. I just shut them off now, but the annoying part is the big warning on my EVIC every time I put it in gear. I am going to see if the service department has a way to just shut them off completely and remove the warnings.

dustin72 11-22-2013 12:09 AM

Mine do the exact same thing.

J Roc 11-22-2013 12:56 AM

Get used to turning them off for the winter.

tev9999 11-23-2013 12:39 PM

I ran into the same thing after the temperature dropped below 30 last week. I went to back out of my driveway and it alarmed with the closest bars as soon as I went to reverse. I assumed it was iced up and didn't bother checking. At my next stop I checked and saw they were clear, but wiped them anyway. Later I cycled the system off then back on and the right side cleared. Later that day it was working fine again once the temp warmed up. I also had one day (warm weather) when the system decided to turn itself off as I was stopping at a red light.

Back in the 20s again this week so I will see how it goes. Just another little glitch to get the dealer to take care of when something big is needed.

DHanna 05-12-2014 03:37 PM

jaray,

Do you have front park sensors as well? Does your bull bar interfere with the sensors at all?

I'm looking at the same bar (Westin Ultimate) but want to make sure it will fit without having to deactivate the parking sensors.

Thanks,