DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Rust Repair (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Paint bubbles's popping up (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=159921)

brolland 12-02-2013 11:30 PM

Paint bubbles's popping up
 
2 Attachment(s)
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab. It is solid white in color and on Saturday, I noticed some small "bubble" looking spots on the front fender on the passenger side of the truck. They're a few inches above the wheel well. The paint isn't damaged anywhere on the truck. It's never had body work and never been repainted. Anyone else experiencing this on their trucks? Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this and will Chrystler fix the issue?

I have attached a couple of photos, but they're hard to see because of the solid white color...
Attachment 40747

Attachment 40748

Detonator 12-03-2013 09:17 AM

I have the same issue on the right side box of my truck. 2010, been to Chrysler once already for a warranty rust perforation repair. It's back again.....not pleased.

Your photos really do look like rust perf. Take your truck to your Chrysler dealer and have the bodyshop look into it. They should warraty that for sure

Chunkem 12-05-2013 04:34 PM

That will be covered by warranty.....Sorry to see that happening.......

Jeringate 12-06-2013 02:12 PM

When I bought my truck they told me rust perforation meant a complete hole in the truck! I have a paint bubble roughly the size of an eraser on the corner of my hood i've been scared to death about it! would this be covered? or do they need to see the rust coming out of the paint like in the above pictures? Truck is 2010 86km still under warranty...

slimpartywagon 12-10-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeringate (Post 1262275)
When I bought my truck they told me rust perforation meant a complete hole in the truck! I have a paint bubble roughly the size of an eraser on the corner of my hood i've been scared to death about it! would this be covered? or do they need to see the rust coming out of the paint like in the above pictures? Truck is 2010 86km still under warranty...

90% of the time a paint buble is caused by rust underneath the paint, the other 10% its caused by some kind of foreign material between the metal and primer or between the primer and paint. either case I would take it to the dealership and have them fix it... even if its not rust it is still a blemish in the paint.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger