DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wide Band A/F gauges (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=160072)

Hornet 12-04-2013 11:06 PM

Wide Band A/F gauges

Been sorta kicking the idea of a A/F gauge around a bit lately.
What's your guys take on them.
The local speed shop has AEM wide band single channel ones on sale.
I'm not familiar with AEM,are they a decent A/F gauge.
Not hung up on getting one quite yet,more just starting to nose around and look into one.
Open to any suggestions.
Rick

98hemi-ram 12-04-2013 11:56 PM

I put an AEM wideband in my truck. I'd heard good things about them and am happy with mine. Here's a link to the one I have

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...fuel-gauge-25/

The only reason I'd recommend getting a wideband is if you are planning on getting a custom tune for your truck. If you are not getting a custom tune or doing a cam swap I can't see much use in getting a wideband of any kind. Unless you just want one for the hell of it.

Hornet 12-05-2013 06:42 PM

That's the one they have on sale:smileup:.

Their price isn't bad by the sounds of it,they have them on sale at $207.00

Looking at one more for my own curiousity then anything.

I've never had any experience with AEM gauges,figured i'd see what guys thought of them.

Where did you put your sensor ?

Rick

snrusnak 12-05-2013 07:30 PM

Darknight has a wideband, not sure which. Maybe PM him?

The wideband sensor replaces the narrowband sensor, that's the easiest way.

CdnoilRAM 12-05-2013 10:13 PM

If you're planning to delete the cats then you can just throw the new O2 sensor into the downstream O2 plug, but if you're planning on keeping them then just have a bung welded into the header/midpipe. Any exhaust shop can do it and the last 2 I've had done cost ~$100 and an hour on the hoist.

I use the Innovative LC-1, they have an updated LC-2, and they're a solid gauge that can also output to a trinity if you want to log A/F along with any other datalogging. The AEM gauge is also a quality gauge and I know Mopac has a decent price on them if JB's doesn't beat theirs.

TheSatinPumpkin 12-05-2013 10:22 PM

Never ran one on when running a SC octane tune w/ cai and cat back. Once i moved on to bigger mods that required custom tuning is when i put in a AEM wide band. AEM can correlate to the Trinity but the band range is 10.00-19.98 vs the LC1 which i think goes down to 8's, maybe 7's. Just gotta remember that when setting it up to the trinity.

Hornet 12-05-2013 10:54 PM

Dislexi set in,the price on sale is actually $209.99,first day with the new eyes or something.:doh:

That's JB's sale price Curtis,out of their latest flyer.
The little Truck Accessories shop here in Airdrie usually tries to match JB's and Mopac's prices,so i give him as much of my business as i can,lol.

What did the Innovative gauge set you back,did you get it locally?

Putting it in isn't a problem,i'm better set up to work with steel then wood,lol.
Grew up on a farm,so i have the essentials, torch/welder/grinders etc.
Talent now,that's another thing,but got the tools to screw the job up,lol;)

TheSatinPumpkin 12-05-2013 11:03 PM

Sounds like a good price. The AEM for my Jeep i got BNIB on eBay for $164.99 free shipping within the US. Comes higher than what you quoted though when tacking on international shipping + import charges to Canada.

CdnoilRAM 12-06-2013 01:01 AM

I picked my LC-1 directly from Innovative with their green DB gauge for $210 then I shipped it to the border and picked it up on one of my big border runs. I save a ton on shipping/brokerage that way.

And the LC-1 is rated at 7.35-22.39AFR, which is overkill for our gas engines, but useful if you start running methanol or e85, not that we have e85 up here.

Hornet 12-06-2013 06:17 PM

The LC does have a wide spectrum,but i think maybe a bit too wide for anything running gas.

Anybody running E85 with the AEM?

Maybe someday we'll get E85,but i think it'll be awhile yet,sure be nice to have though.