DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Green and Black! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=161037)

pstreifel 12-16-2013 11:36 PM

Green and Black!

4 Attachment(s)
My new goal is to add green accents to my truck and what better color to use than Snakeskin Green the 2008 and 2011 Viper color! I know everyone wants to see pictures so here they are. The first post is going to be the tow hooks. Powder coated by Riley Refinishing (look him up on facebook, amazing pricing and an unbelievable turn around time, overnight for most parts) the color combo is Super Chrome base coat, Shocker Yellow top coat, and Emerald Ice clear coat, from Prismatic Powders. All combined they are a perfect match to the Snakeskin Green. It was so difficult to get the depth of the colors in the pictures the clear coat has green flakes that make the shocker yellow pop out!

pstreifel 12-16-2013 11:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This second post is the interior pieces that I painted with the Snakeskin Green. More to come later including powder coated black bumpers and a green hitch. Plus more painting on the outside.

ShawnC13 12-17-2013 12:02 AM

If you like green and black check out this build!!

Cdnoilram's build thread v2.0

CdnoilRAM 12-17-2013 12:08 AM

All I can say is the OP has good taste in colors :smileup: I do like the tow hooks though, I've been thinking about a set for mine should anything happen at the track and I was going to do black or green.

pstreifel 12-17-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnC13 (Post 1270386)
If you like green and black check out this build!!

Cdnoilram's build thread v2.0

Haha actually that is where I got the idea for the inside. It is such an amazing color combination. I am thinking there are some other things that need a little green on the inside so TBD.

huntergreen 12-17-2013 10:25 AM

like the towhooks in that color.

CdnoilRAM 12-17-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstreifel (Post 1270399)
Haha actually that is where I got the idea for the inside. It is such an amazing color combination. I am thinking there are some other things that need a little green on the inside so TBD.

I'll take that as a compliment. I've pulled the door handle bezels out plus ordered the B&I dash kit that I'm planning to paint several pieces to add to the doors and dash. I'm also planning to pull the cluster cover, open it up, and paint the annoying chrome rings around the gauges. If you haven't already done them, the steering wheel button covers pop out with a little bit of work.

pstreifel 12-23-2013 01:28 PM

Let me know how the cluster part goes that's a really good idea! On the steering wheel button covers which side do you start from? And I'm assuming you just used a screw driver or maybe a trim tool? Also those annoying chrome rings around the handle of the door has anyone figured out how to get those things off?

CdnoilRAM 12-23-2013 11:32 PM

I started from the outside with a trim tool on the steering wheel button covers, once the outside was popped up I 'encouraged' the inside to pull out just by pushing the buttons down and pulling outward on the cover, then just unplug the buttons and remove them from the bezel.

As for the chrome rings, I'm going to use strips of the 3M Di-Noc and glue them in place, it's the only way I can think of covering it up without pulling the entire panel, taping off, and painting those 2 strips.

pstreifel 05-16-2014 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished this up tonight. The grill is straight black also I haven't gotten a picture of that yet for one because it's dark and two it's not quite done. I have few spots that need a little wet sanding for some light orange peel but no runs so I made it out good there. I will post pictures of that when it is done hopefully tomorrow.