DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Magnaflow mufflex system? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=165604)

blackhemi1 02-02-2014 05:41 PM

Magnaflow mufflex system?

Do these mufflers have quite a bit more flow than the stock muffler. Or is this more for sound?

shawnu 02-02-2014 05:46 PM

yes, they flow MUCH better than the factory water heater sized muffler, mufflex has a straight thru design

blackhemi1 02-02-2014 07:20 PM

lol. yes I noticed how big that thing is. that's why I was wondering. So 3 questions.
1. I have heard there is a problem a little with drone when mds kicks on, has anybody had issues enough with this that its a problem?
2. Where is the cheapest place to order from?
3. would the magnaflow "18 be a good choice? [not to loud]?

blackhemi1 02-04-2014 06:03 PM

Think I'm going with the dod24. Where's the cheapest place to purchase?

Jayincali 02-04-2014 08:16 PM

I didn't have the Mufflex system, rather a Magnaflow since it was cheaper route to get a muffler and have that welded in. I did have some drone when MDS kicked in, not to the point of driving you crazy, but it's there.

This time around I'm going with a Solo Performance M44, same as a mufflex system, but with a Solo muffler. The company fully states it's a drone free system as well as a couple other members here back that claim. Plus the Solo has more of a deeper tone than the Maggy.

shawnu 02-04-2014 08:17 PM

if your wanting more sound...the 24 pretty much stock..better flowing but still verrryy quiet. id personally go with atleast the 18", the 14, loudest, is still not quite as loud as a flowmaster...id just haye for you to do it 2x....

as for purchasing, get with jeremiah with bullys performance. always good prices from him!!

blackhemi1 02-04-2014 10:15 PM

Good info guys. Yeah I'm just so on the fence with the 18. I just don't want the drone. Had an 07 and drove me nuts with drone. But it was flow masters. It was kinda loud to say the least. Looking for the best flow mostly but I guess you'd get that from any of the magnaflow systems

shawnu 02-05-2014 12:40 AM

yeah, unless your REALLY sensitive to drone...a 18" with resonators left in place should ne what your looking for, much quieter than the flows but enough to hear it when you want to!!

mark09sport 02-06-2014 08:15 PM

The shorter the muffler, the more the drone. I'm happy with my 24 mufflex, which in my opinion is much louder than stock with just a little drone.

KidMechanic 02-06-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackhemi1 (Post 1316732)
Do these mufflers have quite a bit more flow than the stock muffler. Or is this more for sound?

If you're looking for better flow, you need to start with the heads and work your way back. Mufflers just make noise, if you want the best mod for the buck start with a programmer.