DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Power Wagon (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2012 Powerwagon Front Diff Destroyed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=168939)

KMorton 03-01-2014 05:30 PM

2012 Powerwagon Front Diff Destroyed

I took my powerwagon into my local dealer for a normal front and rear diff service. My truck has 44000km on it, all highway miles. I got the call that I could pick up my truck from the dealer, I drove it about 30km and parked it. I was on my way to work the next day and my front diff piled up while driving down the highway in 2 wheel drive. I made it a total of approx, 40km total since the truck was at the dealer for a diff service. I think they never put oil back in my diff. It smoked the pinion bearings and gears. The dealer denies that they forgot to put oil in and are saying that the diff just went and it is a common powerwagon problem. I am sure I already no the answer to this question but has anyone else had a diff go while just driving. Also while they did the service they never reported and wear or damage to diff on the work order after the service. For anyone that wants to know this deal is SLAVE LAKE CHRYSLER.

RogerRamJet 03-01-2014 06:20 PM

That really sucks! It's less than 3 years old, but are you under the mileage so they will warranty it? Either way, I'm thinking they broke it so they need to fix it. Keep us updated on it.

Thunderhorse 03-01-2014 06:56 PM

You had it serviced at the dealer at the proper interval, so I don't see how they could deny your warranty. You keep your maintenance receipts right? I'm not sure how the warranty differs in Canada, but they should fix it and if they try to weasel out of it then go to the regional rep. Keep us updated, sorry to hear about it.

stubie82 03-04-2014 09:04 AM

I agree with everyone else. I was told to do the diffs by my dealer every 15k miles, even though they only told me about it when I took it in for an oil change at 24k miles. And, I don't trust the dealer to do it. They didn't even know what a Power Wagon was b/c when I asked them a question about a winch part, the guy asked "did you put the winch on yourself?"
So, go through the dealer, either way it should be fixed under warranty no probs. If they keep screwing around, call Chrysler and get a report set up... that way they can track it from higher up. I did that once. Very good to deal with on that end.

Anywho, sorry to hear about that and hopefully it works out for ya.

hemi4452 03-04-2014 09:43 AM

Thats why I do everything myself. These mechanics know less than the average guy. Keep your certification patch.

Sledlvr 03-08-2014 11:45 AM

I'm still in shock about the "all highway miles" :wow: