DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Choosing the colour (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=174098)

Bobino 04-19-2014 11:23 PM

Choosing the colour

Will be ordering a new Outdoorsman this week. One of the decision to make is the colour of the paint! Does a white paint stays white as long as any other paint will keep their colour? I'm under the impression that white shows rust much more than any other paint.

mouth666 04-20-2014 12:01 AM

I've had the last 3 generation of rams...all white. It shows rust faster because its more noticeable IMO. But seeing it faster for a quicker upgrade isn't a bad thing

huntergreen 04-20-2014 01:00 PM

the easiest paint to live with and not show dirt and such is silver.

Thunderhorse 04-20-2014 01:11 PM

One thing about white showing rust easier is that its easier to catch rust earlier and keep it from spreading. My truck is still about as white as when I bought it, but that wasn't even a year ago.

huntergreen is spot on about silver being the best color for not showing dirt and scratches.

GTyankee 04-20-2014 03:59 PM

I talked to my body shop guy about paint colors

He told me that the easiest paint colors to cover up were
White, Silver, then Blue & lastly Black

It looks like my 2015 Eco Diesel will be Silver when i order it
Then it will be ORANGE shortly after that :)

IF i decide to instead go fancy, a colorful Blue with flamed graphics would work

huntergreen 04-20-2014 04:16 PM

GT, can you transfer your lifetime warranty or does that just go by the way side? tks

jlc41 04-20-2014 04:17 PM

GT, why not order it copperhead? Isn't that a nice orange?

hslager69 04-21-2014 12:59 AM

Why would it rust? I f they are oiled properly they shouldn't ,the key word is properly .I oil my own vehicles to make sure key spots don't get passed over,plus i use fluid film.my current truck is an 2008 with no rust.I see tons of trucks out their all with rust in the same areas ,you spend a lot of money on your truck so you owe it to yourself to make sure its oiled properly.

hslager69 04-21-2014 01:15 AM

pics of my 08 ram

pictures sorry cant future out this picture posting thing

pinebeatle 04-21-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hslager69 (Post 1393678)
Why would it rust? I f they are oiled properly they shouldn't ,the key word is properly .I oil my own vehicles to make sure key spots don't get passed over,plus i use fluid film.my current truck is an 2008 with no rust.I see tons of trucks out their all with rust in the same areas ,you spend a lot of money on your truck so you owe it to yourself to make sure its oiled properly.

So are you spraying oil under the body?? Ive heard of people doing that but was not sure if it was true. If you are oiling under there can you explain the process to me--Many thanks