DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram - Member Of The Month! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Winner!: 2014 - April Dodge Ram Member Of The Month (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=174908)

BlueJet 04-30-2014 10:40 AM

2014 - April Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Sponsored by:

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps9a92b662.png

We are pleased to sponsor the MOTM by offering $100 off a minimum order of $125!!!

Any other discounts will not apply to this prize. On Canadian orders duties/taxes/fees will be paid by the recipient on the original order amount prior to the MOTM discount.

*Click our banner for our 'Deal of the month'*

Congratulations to our April Winner!!

RogerRamJet

And now a word from your winner.....

http://www.ramforumz.com/PHOTOPOST/d...et_Ryleigh.JPG

About a year ago, my wife and I sat down at the kitchen table and had a discussion about our finances. Nothing bad or life changing, just a chat about if we would be able to make a new truck payment. My 2005 Ram had been paid off for a couple years now and I was contemplating trading up for a newer model. Nothing was wrong with Bruno, nothing at all. It’s just that I was seeing a lot of the 4th generation Rams driving around town and was liking what I saw.

I was born and raised in Sacramento, CA. Dad was a mechanic and Mom was a waitress. We weren't rich, but we were far from poor. Mom says I was born with a wrench in my hand because all I wanted to do was help Dad work on cars. I got my wish many times over as Dad worked at a service station, back when service station really meant service station, around the corner from our house. He later moved up to a Dodge Chrysler Plymouth dealership. However, now that Dad was in the show, I couldn't visit him at work as much anymore. I still got to see him on Saturdays, when it was a little more lax, and see all the awesomeness that MOPAR produced. Unfortunately, I had to see some of the turds they produced as well. So, my mechanical knowledge comes from growing up around a tool box and my Dad who taught me most everything I know about cars and life in general.

Holly and I talked about getting a new truck. Of course, it would be a Ram, but what year, model, price? And then she asked me, “What’s wrong with your truck?”

“Nothin”, I said. “Then why are you gonna get rid of it?”

That was a great question! Why get rid of a perfectly good truck? I thought about it for a couple of days. Talked myself in to it and out of it more times than I can count. Finally, the light bulb in my head went “click”! As much as I wanted a new truck, I really didn't want a new truck payment. Especially when I had a perfectly good truck sitting in my garage. And then it hit me! I’ll mod my truck and make it look and feel like a new truck.

That brings me to my research on who, what, when, where, why and how much for mods on my Ram. I perused the internet and guess what popped up? I’ll give you a little hint. It starts with Ram Forum and ends with Z. March 2nd, 2013, I became a newbie and dove in with my eyes wide open.

I asked questions, and you awesome members answered them. I did more research on the forum and found a lot of stuff that I could do to improve my truck, both mechanically and cosmetically. I found great ideas that members had shared and I wanted to share ideas as well. And as I watched and learned, I saw some questions that I knew the answer to. Some mechanical answers and some on mods that I had done myself and had some experience with.

Hey, that was pretty kewl helping out other members. I kinda liked this forum thing; give a little knowledge, get a little knowledge. So I became a site supporter and got more involved. I was soon offered the opportunity to become a Member Relations Manager, which is a fancy term for greeter, but a very important role, none the less. I remember when I joined; Shawn, Ed and Cajun welcomed me. I thought that was pretty kewl. I try to remember that small sense of kewlness when I greet new members. Cajun helped me with my first post. Can’t say that I got all warm and fuzzy, but again, it was pretty kewl that someone would take the time to point me in right direction.

Here we are a year later. I’m the dood doing the greeting and pointing now and enjoying it. From Paul & Dave’s very warped and funny jokes, the awesome build threads that make my wallet ache, the great pictures that really have me wanting that new truck, to the friendships that I have made here on the forum, I am thankful that I am able to give back as much as I receive from this great group of like-minded people.

My wife calls the Z my mistress because I spend a lot of time on here. Not that I have to, but because I want to. And let’s face it. Most of the crap on tv now is… well, crap. And the news is just depressing.

I’m turning 50 this year, which means that folks will now listen to what I have to say. Something about the big five O that makes people realize that the old guy might know what he’s talking about. I don’t know it all, but I know what I know. And I know that this place is a great way to pass the time.

I want to thank all of you for making this a great forum and allowing me to be a part of it. All of your support and help is much appreciated. I hope that I can continue to be as helpful and supportive to you as y’all have been to me.

Today is a great day to be a Ram owner!

Roger

Giles24 04-30-2014 11:33 AM

Congrats, RogerRamJet! Well deserved! Way to represent Texas!!

brandonjansen 04-30-2014 12:00 PM

Definitely a well deserved win! Congrats Roger! and thanks for the great write up.

Canadian Hemi Pride 04-30-2014 01:05 PM

An amazing win to a member who had deserved it for a long time. Congrats Rog! You do a ton around the Z and you are a very helpful and valuable member. Keep Up the great work bud.

Hermes1 04-30-2014 01:10 PM

Congrats on a well deserved win.

Nimz 04-30-2014 01:11 PM

Great member and a great write-up!!!

Arth 04-30-2014 03:07 PM

Whew bout time!

Congrats

RogerRamJet 04-30-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giles24 (Post 1400828)
Congrats, RogerRamJet! Well deserved! Way to represent Texas!!

Thanks, Jeff! Rock the Lone Star State!

RogerRamJet 04-30-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arth (Post 1400958)
Whew bout time!

Congrats

Ha! No kidding! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimz (Post 1400897)
Great member and a great write-up!!!

Thanks, Clint. Appreciate it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermes1 (Post 1400894)
Congrats on a well deserved win.

Thanks, Bruce!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1400890)
An amazing win to a member who had deserved it for a long time. Congrats Rog! You do a ton around the Z and you are a very helpful and valuable member. Keep Up the great work bud.

Thanks, Brandon. And thanks for the pep talk and support, Brother!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1400854)
Definitely a well deserved win! Congrats Roger! and thanks for the great write up.

Thanks, Brandon! You're welcome, my friend!

RansRAM 04-30-2014 05:59 PM

Congrats Roger, a great win for a great member. :smileup: