DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Ford Ecoboost (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=176210)

nick64646 05-17-2014 06:05 AM

Ford Ecoboost

My girlfriends mom came into a predicament in which she needed to buy a new truck. She currently had a 2013 Ecoboost and everyone was always ragging on her about her Ford. So I took her to the Ram dealer and told the salesman she wanted a 2014 laramie longhorn hemi with the 8 speed and airride and boy did she ever fall in love. Needless to say she factory ordered a new longhorn. When I finally got to drive a similar one from off the lot, that 8 speed is AMAZING. Dead stop to 100km/h happened in a flash and also gave us all whiplash, and matting the truck from 80km/h STILL threw us back into our seats and took off to 120+ in no time flat. Makes me want to get a new truck just for that 8 speed transmission. What an improvement over the 6 speed.
Plus the airride is pretty cool too.

And I've also raced her once in her ecoboost from 0 to matting the pedal and I beat her like nothing. (She didn't and still doesn't know about the turbo spooling trick). I'm a little afraid to race her when she gets her 2014.

But anyways a die hard Ford girl was just converted to the wonderful world of Ram :smileup:

Dr. Swellington 05-17-2014 02:57 PM

lol my friends are on the eco boost bandwagon. however their gas milage is nowhere near what they thought. So i smile everytime i start my truck with 8 cylinders. =D

nick64646 05-17-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Swellington (Post 1413387)
lol my friends are on the eco boost bandwagon. however their gas milage is nowhere near what they thought. So i smile everytime i start my truck with 8 cylinders. =D

Same thing with her they promised her unbelievable gas mileage and I still get better then her and that's a hemi with a heavy foot.

RyanJM 05-18-2014 01:54 PM

I actually have nothing bad to say after driving my friends ecoboost f150 not that I would but one. I always preferred the 5.0 in the newer fords for the same reason I own a Ram with a Hemi I love the V8 sound with a aftermarket exhaust.

nick64646 07-24-2014 05:20 AM

Well in the ecoboost she was averaging 18 litres per 100km and in her new ram she is averaging about 13 litres per 100km. And that's with no change in driving habit she has a heavy foot. Must be that 8 speed transmission.

nick64646 09-15-2014 03:19 AM

So I ended up racing another ecoboost from a red light and I beat him. My girlfriend actually leaned out the window and laughed at him cause she finds the turbo sound hilarious compared to my trucks sound.

Also raced the girlfriends moms truck and she kicked my ass. Badly. Never stopped pulling away. It was embarrassing.... Need to trade mine in on a new one with the 8 speed tranny....

Here is her truck

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...bcd979f7407015
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...f6245368b4d817

Thunderhorse 09-15-2014 08:21 PM

Looks great. Maximum steel?

Ram18 09-18-2014 10:15 PM

Earlier this week, a 2012 Ram (Laramie) pulled up beside me at a light to an on-ramp. The on-ramp is 2 lanes that merge into one. There was really no need for him to be in the lane beside me but I could tell he wanted a go at it. Light turns green and he stomps on it while I took off normal. Needless to say, he left me. I wasn't racing.

This morning that same truck pulls up beside me again…looking' for trouble! This time, I decided to try and put him in his place. And I did…badly! I was at least 2-3 truck lengths ahead and walking away until I hit 70ish. I just let off to do my usual 65 mph morning commute cruise on the highway. He was still racing though and just blew by me doing about 75-80. I'm sure he was pissed.

No offense to anybody with a 6-speed Ram here. And I'm sure there are plenty modded up 09-12 6 speed trucks that would still clean my clock. But these 8-speed Rams are quick. They deliver the power to the ground nicely and pull hard all the way through the gears. (unlike my 08 that would lose it in 3rd). Highly recommended!

14 CC 8-speed/3.92

relic 09-26-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram18 (Post 1486897)
Earlier this week, a 2012 Ram (Laramie) pulled up beside me at a light to an on-ramp. The on-ramp is 2 lanes that merge into one. There was really no need for him to be in the lane beside me but I could tell he wanted a go at it. Light turns green and he stomps on it while I took off normal. Needless to say, he left me. I wasn't racing.

This morning that same truck pulls up beside me again…looking' for trouble! This time, I decided to try and put him in his place. And I did…badly! I was at least 2-3 truck lengths ahead and walking away until I hit 70ish. I just let off to do my usual 65 mph morning commute cruise on the highway. He was still racing though and just blew by me doing about 75-80. I'm sure he was pissed.

No offense to anybody with a 6-speed Ram here. And I'm sure there are plenty modded up 09-12 6 speed trucks that would still clean my clock. But these 8-speed Rams are quick. They deliver the power to the ground nicely and pull hard all the way through the gears. (unlike my 08 that would lose it in 3rd). Highly recommended!

14 CC 8-speed/3.92

Agreed. I notice alot of trucks start falling back when my Ram gets into 3rd gear, and gap gets wider and wider from there

HammerHead 09-26-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relic (Post 1490625)
Agreed. I notice alot of trucks start falling back when my Ram gets into 3rd gear, and gap gets wider and wider from there

Yep my 6 speed pulls hard until it huts 3rd :smiledown: