DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Cleaning Somebody Else's MESS (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=36815)

TheAverageJoe 10-06-2008 04:50 PM

Cleaning Somebody Else's MESS

A little less than a month ago I purchased a used 2006 Ram SLT.
For the price, color, mileage, yada, yada...I got a great deal.

Look in the gallery...I'm er...it's beautiful.

I bought this from a dealer as someone else's trade in.
As clean as the dealer's cleaners got it, I'm now noticing small stains (soda, coffee, etc.) in the backseat. This guy obviously hauled kids or co-workers with no rules of the road such as mine: "NO EATING OR DRINKING IN THE TRUCK".

Since the last truck I purchased was new and has never needed anything but a quick vaccuming out.....

What is the best upholstery cleaner to use to get drink stains out of the seats?

I've heard "SPOT HOT".

Anybody got anything better?
:4-dontknow:

BlueJet 10-06-2008 04:59 PM

I use Folex. It is a little spendy (usually $7-8 for a 32 oz bottle) but I swear by that stuff! Got coffee stains out of Blue's seat!:smileup:

http://www.bandbcarpet.com/imgrep/Image/folex.jpg

TheAverageJoe 10-06-2008 05:10 PM

Thanks for the hint...
Where can I pick some up?

Wal-Mart?
Home Depot?
Lowes?

I have to run through Walgreens this afternoon for some pictures I needed printing.
I'll look there.
I'm such an "O.C.D.-neat freak" when it comes to my vehicles.

BlueJet 10-06-2008 05:20 PM

I work at a grocery store and we sell it there. Not sure if I have seen it at Wallyworld. I am sure HomeDepot or Lowes would have it.

And nothing wrong with being a neat freak!! That's why I have seat covers, floor mats and steering wheel cover!! Anything to protect the original interior!! Had to ride in a friend's Exploder, OMG!!! Wrappers, bottles, food spillage everywhere!!! Ewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAverageJoe 10-07-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejet (Post 39012)
had to ride in a friend's exploder, omg!!! Wrappers, bottles, food spillage everywhere!!! Ewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----:shocked:-----

BlueJet 10-07-2008 02:58 PM

When you clean your truck let me know how the Folex worked for you if you were able to find some!

TheAverageJoe 10-08-2008 01:21 PM

I wasn't able to find any Folex at the places I've been so far, but did pick up some SPOT SHOT at the local Walgreen's on the way home the other day.

It was amazing how much grime and stain this stuff picked up.
I was using an old white wash cloth. When I was done, it looked as if I'd dyed it brown from the tea stain that had run under the seat and was missed by the dealership's cleaning crew.

Not to mention, the coffee/kool-aid and other small stains that were on the inconspicuous parts of the seats.

I'm going after some Folex after my haircut tonight.
I'll see what it picks up after the Spot Shot does all it's going to do.

BlueJet 10-08-2008 02:12 PM

Went to Folex's site, here is where it is for sale in Tennessee:

BED BATH & BEYOND
BI-LO
FOOD CITY
H.G. HILL
HOME DEPOT
KMART
LOWE'S
WAL-MART

I love your state by the way! Went to Knoxville once. Beautiful city and the people are super nice!!

TheAverageJoe 10-08-2008 05:13 PM

BlueJet,
You're quickly moving to the top of my list.

I've got an H.G. Hill at the end of the road I live on.

I, too, love to trek over to Knoxville.

Even Better:
Ever been beyond ...on into Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg.
I'm always ready for a trip to the smoky mountains

BlueJet 10-08-2008 05:50 PM

Gee thanks! ;)

I would move to Tennessee, it is a great state! And y'all talk so cute!! Done with the big city life, it is more trouble than its worth!