DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   hey everyone... problem with my truck.. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=37239)

dacota1950 12-04-2008 01:11 PM

hey everyone... problem with my truck..

hi there, im new to this site... heres my problem, i hope yall can help. Alrighty well i am having troubles with my truck, it seems to be missing and runs rough.. plugs, wires, distributer cap, and rotor are all brand new and it still doesnt run right.. Plugs are gapped correctly. the truck seems to idol fine but when im in low rpms, it shakes as though it has a cam in it but smooths out as the rpms are higher. I dont know much about dodge pickups so i thought ide pass it on to you guys.

it all started out when i was on my way, moving to south dakota. i had a snowmobile trailer i was pulling filled with my stuff, plus the bed of the truck was full. a few hours into the trip it was like my 5th gear was going out... like i was losing power. so i ended up driving in 4th the last 5 hours off the drive. my check engine light turned on right as i drove into the parking lot of the apartments. but has not gone on sense. now there is something just not right with the truck and i cant figure it out...

its a 1995 dodge ram 1500. 5 speed with a 360 5.9 liter engine

LYC79 12-04-2008 03:24 PM

:wavey: WELCOME to the ForumZ! Glad you joined us.
Sorry to hear about your trouble, I'm sure someone of the guys here will give you some good advice !
Enjoy your stay :smileup:

BlueJet 12-04-2008 04:55 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

I am sorry to hear of your troubles! :( I see the brainiacs are not out and about yet! Don't despair, someone will have some great help advice for you! I hope you enjoy it here! Post us some pictures when you can!

RLRambler 12-04-2008 05:11 PM

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:
I think you would get help quicker if you posted your problem in the Technical part of the forum. :smileup:

LYC79 12-04-2008 05:17 PM

He did it : cant figure it out

RLRambler 12-04-2008 05:44 PM

Glad to be of service!!!!!!!!! ;)

BlueJet 12-04-2008 05:50 PM

But it is considered double posting........I will let it slide this time! ;) Hoping her can find the answers he is looking for!

300 Addict 12-04-2008 06:14 PM

Welcome to the forumz! Glad you joined us! Looks like you found your answer lol! Enjoy the site! :)

RLRambler 12-04-2008 06:14 PM

You must have posted while I was typing! :box2:

LYC79 12-04-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 44465)
But it is considered double posting........I will let it slide this time! ;) Hoping her can find the answers he is looking for!

So you are not a " board nazi " ?!?! :D