DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   Heater problems (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=37366)

odj22sailor@gmail.com 12-18-2008 08:04 PM

Heater problems

I have preformed a radiator flush, changed the thermostate, and water pump.
I am no longer getting heat in the cab. Any thoughts?

I am freezing it is very cold in the morning please help someone.....

Dave

boostjunkie1 12-18-2008 09:08 PM

What year truck, engine, ect>>>????????

boostjunkie1 12-18-2008 09:09 PM

Is there air blowing inside the cab, just not hot?

DesertDog 12-18-2008 10:35 PM

yes Dave we more info about yur trk

the only one here that is phsycic or phsycotic is (bluejet)

phatony101090 12-22-2008 04:25 PM

i have the same propblem i have a 01 1500 my air is blowing but there is no heat at all its just blowing pure normal temp air idk what to do either

hh53helomech 12-23-2008 10:43 AM

Had the same problem on my 07 Ram 1500. Took it to the dealer and they found the recurculating air door for the A/C and heater had come off letting the cold air blow in the cab.

bobczyk 12-23-2008 04:22 PM

Did the problem occur after the radiator flush, thermostat, and water pump or before? Cooling system could be air-locked.

Springfield Don 12-23-2008 08:22 PM

I joined this forum because I am looking for a solution to the same problem. 2002 1500 blows cold air. I just had the heater core replaced and still get very little heat. The radiator and thermostate was also recently replaced. A lot of money spent and very little heat.

offlimits4wd 01-14-2009 11:53 AM

New here also. I have a 03 Ram 1500 4.7 with little to no heat also. Replaced all normal stuff. Radiator, water pump, thermostat and removed heater core and that looked fine. Didn't replace it because nobody had one in stock. It wasn't clogged and was not leaking. Both hoses going into heater core are at same temp. Removed new water pump and visualy checked it and it seems fine. Removed dash and checked blend doors and no broken or cracked doors. Should be no air pockets. We vac filled rad last night.
Any Ideas would be great.
Oh another wierd thing the temp gauge sits at half. If we hold idle up to 3k it comes down to 1/4 within seconds.
Thanks. Bryan

LYC79 01-14-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offlimits4wd (Post 49536)
New here also. I have a 03 Ram 1500 4.7 with little to no heat also. Replaced all normal stuff. Radiator, water pump, thermostat and removed heater core and that looked fine. Didn't replace it because nobody had one in stock. It wasn't clogged and was not leaking. Both hoses going into heater core are at same temp. Removed new water pump and visualy checked it and it seems fine. Removed dash and checked blend doors and no broken or cracked doors. Should be no air pockets. We vac filled rad last night.
Any Ideas would be great.
Oh another wierd thing the temp gauge sits at half. If we hold idle up to 3k it comes down to 1/4 within seconds.
Thanks. Bryan

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I see you are new here, so WELCOME ! You had better to open a New Thread so all the members could see it and give you some help. Don't forget to go on Newbie Checkin too and introduce yourself! Thanks :)