DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Off Road Parts (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=37527)

Hemiboy 01-04-2009 03:34 AM

Off Road Parts

Hey yall I was wondering what some parts that would be good for 4wheeling, im talking mud holes, creek crossing, and occasional hill climb but not much rocks. I was thinking grill guard, tail light guards, off road lights and what else??? I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 hemi with 33X12.50 Tires other than that all stock

Zonestar 01-04-2009 05:40 AM

Have you checked out our supporting vendors for the parts you need?

DesertDog 01-04-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemiboy (Post 48138)
Hey yall I was wondering what some parts that would be good for 4wheeling, im talking mud holes, creek crossing, and occasional hill climb but not much rocks. I was thinking grill guard, tail light guards, off road lights and what else??? I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 hemi with 33X12.50 Tires other than that all stock

dont forget a good healthy bank account :thk:... yup rock crawlers are cool thing to do ... but those guys are nuts..

sounds like you know wut your doin so far .. like zonestar said check out our local vendors on here

Hemiboy 01-05-2009 01:01 AM

I know most would say get a lift but its also my everyday driver and i dont go offroading nearly enoguh to fork out that kind of money. But what is your alls opinons on body lifts? but please help me with choosing accesories any ideas welcome

57Hemi08 01-05-2009 09:07 AM

The biggest thing to have after a good set of tires, brush guard, lights, and some friends to ride with is a toolbox. Put in it a good box of sockets and wrenches (tools), spare parts like fuses, fan belts, etc, some extra fluids for motor, trans, transfer case, axles, radiator, brakes, powersteering, wd-40 is always good, some good towstraps and shackles, and never ever ever ever ever forget the DUCT TAPE!
An onboard air compressor is really nice too. There are a few kits out there that come with everything you need to mount them in your vehicle. Or get a warn winch with the air compressor.

DesertDog 01-05-2009 09:39 AM

lol their 57
you forgot to mention a generator and a wire feed welder,,, that is tops on my 4wheelin take along tool list..

Hemiboy i dont recomend a body lift, w/out explination i just dont. if later down the road you want to install a lift that dealer will most likely not do it for they both do not go together,, you can read up on it .. one will void out any warranty if the other is added ..

find out what the tallest tire you can go with on your trk w/out a lift kit or body lift, usually its about 2 or 3 sizes bigger than stock, mine were 265/70R-17 stock i could go 285/70R-17 before the tires would rub

if your an avid off roader look into a lift that fits your needs, if occasional , then just an agressive tire tread will do you just

57Hemi08 01-06-2009 10:02 AM

Yeah a nice little offroad trailer with a generator and welder on it would be nice!! Jack it up put some 35s on it.:gr_grin:

chithead 01-06-2009 10:59 AM

The air compressor allows the use of train horns too... Never forget the two strap either!

DesertDog 01-06-2009 03:33 PM

my wire feed welder is no bigger than a tool box and you can get generators same size if not smaller, all u need is one 110 ac plug in and about 1000w to handle it... that is for those camping trips tho

Fast Willy 01-08-2009 11:54 PM

because its a daily driver put a leveling kit on it and put some 35's on it.